Orientation and Transition Programs is searching for caring, dedicated students to join us next summer as Student Orientation, Advisement & Registration (SOAR) leaders.
- Interact with new students, their family members, faculty and staff
- Improve skills employers search for, like communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Inform new students about Missouri State, its academic expectations, and its campus life
- Inspire a future generation of MSU students
Your students could benefit from becoming a SOAR leader in several ways. They could:
- Strengthen marketable skills useful in almost any major or career field.
- Foster a connection with Missouri State, which increases their likelihood of engagement and retention.
- Network with family members, faculty and staff. (SOAR leaders have received internship and job offers due to the connections they made during orientation!)
You can help us in our search for engaged, responsible students by:
- Discussing this leadership opportunity with students you interact with.
- Nominating students to become SOAR leaders. A nomination from a faculty or staff member often boosts a student’s chance at applying.
- Directing them to learn more about the position at edu/SOARleader.
- Encouraging them to learn more during our Zoom information sessions.
- Monday, October 5 at 4 p.m.
- Monday, October 19 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22 at 4 p.m.
Contact Joe Morris at email@example.com or (417) 836-7641 if you have any questions.
Thank you for supporting SOAR by recommending great students. We appreciate it!