Take a moment to see what is happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs!
1. Black History Month Events – Take part in the Black History Month Activities taking place this week. The events this week include: Mixed Understood facilitated by Dola Flake (February 8th); A Talk with the family George Floyd (February 10th) ; Black Women Panel (February 11th) – https://www.missouristate.edu/MulticulturalPrograms/heritage-months.htm
2. Follow the Bears Den YouTube Channel – The Office of Admissions, assisted by University Communications has started a student vlogging series called The Bears Den. The Bears Den YouTube channel features videos of current MSU students living their everyday life in an authentic, unscripted way. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/2021/02/03/the-bears-den-youtube-channel/
3. Student Affairs Staff Development Committee Survey – The Staff Development Committee is actively planning the upcoming Staff Development Day (Wednesday, April 7, 1p-5p) and would like your assistance! The committee is brainstorming ideas for programs and would like to know what programs would pique your interest in attending the event. Please spend a few minutes and complete the survey below, by February 12. The Staff Development Committee greatly appreciates your feedback and looks forward to providing an outstanding event in April. https://forms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=920970
4. Chinese New Year Celebration – MSU community to celebrate Chinese New Year. Join in a week of virtual events centered around Chinese culture. https://news.missouristate.edu/2021/02/03/msu-community-to-celebrate-chinese-new-year/
5. “Love is in the Air” Valentine’s Dinner for Two – This week’s menu features Seasoned Beef Tenderloin with Cabernet Demi! Orders due by Wednesday, February 10th for Sunday Curbside Pick up. https://mostatecatering.blogspot.com/2021/02/sunday-february-14th-valentines.html
Bonus: The Campus Conflict Workshop Series – Build your conflict and communication skills at the Center for Dispute Resolution’s free noon sessions in the “Campus Conflict Workshop Series.” https://www.missouristate.edu/cdr/Campus-Workshops.htm