Take a moment to see what’s going on in the Division of Student Affairs this week.
- Celebrate National TRIO Day – On February 24, 1986, a congressional resolution (H. Con. Res. 278) declared that Saturday, February 28, 1986, should be designated as “National TRIO Day” to commemorate the annual achievements of the Federal TRIO programs in communities across the country. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/2021/02/12/celebrate-national-trio-day-share-your-stories-and-success/
- Spotlight on Harry Riel, Family Programs & Student Affairs Special Events Practicum Student – “To me, student affairs involves holistic student support. More than seeing a student through the lens of academics (although that is very important), I want to be there to support students in whatever aspect of their lives that they need.”~Harry Riel https://blogs.missouristate.edu/bearsfamilies/2021/02/10/spotlight-on-harry-riel-family-programs-student-affairs-special-events-practicum-student/
- Black History Month Events – Take part in the Black History Month Activities taking place this week. https://www.missouristate.edu/MulticulturalPrograms/heritage-months.htm
- Board of Governors Meeting (February 19th, 1-5pm on Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83071309051). Full agenda: https://www.missouristate.edu/Assets/agendas/2.19.2021.BOG.Agenda.pdf
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Black History Month Events – NPHC has several Black History Month events scheduled for the next two weeks. These sessions include: Cultivating our Culture; Building Culture in our Community; the Critical Conversation Series and more. https://bit.ly/37kUotD