Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. COVID-19 Vaccinations for Faculty, Staff and Students – MSU and the Health Department are hosting a mass vaccination clinic at Hammons Student Center on April 8-9. We hope to vaccinate 10,000 people over two days. Volunteers will be used for check-in staff, documentation support, runners, etc. If you’d like to volunteer, you can sign up at https://signup.com/go/DHKueCr
Higher education employees will be eligible beginning March 29. Missouri’s vaccine eligibility will expand to Phase 2 beginning March 29. All faculty, staff and student employees are included in this phase. Find out how to schedule your appointment here: https://www.missouristate.edu/Coronavirus/covid-19-vaccinations.htm
2. Register to attend the Impact Summit: College Student Mental Health Conference – The Impact Summit: College Student Mental Health Conference, Wednesday, April 28th, will be a VIRTUAL day-long conference consisting of keynotes and educational break-out sessions focused on topics pertaining to college student mental health.
For Missouri State Faculty and Staff, you can use your non-credit fee waiver to attend the IMPACT Summit. Register through My Learning Connection in My Missouri State. Search for IMPACT Summit: College Student Mental Health Conference. You can also utilize a budget transfer from your department to the Impact Summit to register. If you would like to use a budget transfer, please contact Priscilla Childress at email@example.com. https://www.missouristate.edu/ImpactSummit/isregistration.htm
3. Student Diversity in Leadership Institute Final Presentations – The very first cohort of the Student Diversity in Leadership Institute commenced on January 14, 2021 and will conclude with a formal presentation tonight, March 29, 2021 at 6 pm in the Union Club or virtually on Zoom. At this time, the participants will share their final projects and we will close out the institute for the semester with special recognition and awards. For more information, visit https://multicultural.missouristate.edu/student-diversity-in-leadership-institute.htm
4. Save the Date for the “Hats off to Staff” event in April – Join us on April 21, 2021, 1:30-3pm, outside the PSU as we celebrate the staff of the Division of Student Affairs and the end of the academic year. We will also be having a virtual hat decorating contest. Those that wish to participate will submit pictures of their hats. We will have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize. Lemon Berry cookies and lemonade, donated by Chartwells, will be provided. In addition, we will be collecting donations for the Bear Pantry. Watch your email for the invitation.
5. Encourage your students to sign up for Dinner with Eight Bears – Dinner with Eight Bears are alumni-hosted dinners meant to be networking opportunities for alumni and students to share stories, experiences and future plans.
Are the students you work with struggling to find a way to make professional connections during the pandemic? Dinner with Eight Bears has it covered for them this spring. Coming to a Zoom screen near you, Dinner with Eight Bears is going to virtually connect students with alumni from all across the country, helping to build mentor relationships and professional connections by sharing stories, experiences, and future plans.
To learn more, visit https://alumni.missouristate.edu/dinner-with-eight-bears.htm.
Bonus: CookieGram Fundraiser for Staff Senate Scholarships – Looking for a way to say “thank you” to your co-workers or students while supporting a great cause? Here is your opportunity! The Staff Senate is hosting a CookieGram fundraiser for the Staff Senate Scholarships. Current MSU Employees and Students can send each other baked goods on campus now through June 30th! There are three different options to choose from including a large cupcake that can be customized. Contact Teri Trickey to order at 417-836-4630. Payment by credit card is due at the time of the order. To find out more, visit https://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/114047/215986.