Take a moment to see what’s going on in the Division of Student Affairs this month.
- Admissions Summer Visit Day – The first Summer Visit Day hosted by Office of Admissions will take place on Friday, July 23rd. To find out more information, visit https://www.missouristate.edu/admissions/visitcampus.htm
- DOSA Awards and Recognition – We are excited to announce the 12th Annual Division of Student Affairs Awards program. DOSA Awards will be presented at the Annual Student Affairs All Staff Meeting on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. DOSA Awards recognize graduate students and staff from within the Division of Student Affairs for exemplary performance during the previous academic year. Applications are due before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 23, 2021 via the application form that can be found at https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/DOSA/DOSAAward2021.php
- Director of Multicultural Programs Open Forum – Student Affairs is happy to announce two candidates that will be interviewing for the Director of Multicultural Programs. Each candidate will give a presentation at an open forum on the topic: Cultural consciousness is one of the three pillars of the University’s public affairs mission.
Dr. Erica Johnson – Tuesday, July 20th – 10am-10:45am – PSU 313 or via Zoom https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/96707972177
Cicely Hunter – Friday, July 23rd – 1:15pm-2pm – Library 0101 Lecture Classroom or via Zoom https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/91991407114
- Bear Crew and House Calls – There is still time to sign up to work Bear Crew or join House Calls. Bear Crew takes place August 18-22. You will have the opportunity to help our new students move into their residence hall and welcome them to Missouri State. House Calls will take place September 1st. The House Calls program is designed to reach out to residence hall students and give them an opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and administrators on a more personal level. Sign up today!
- Join us for Dr. Michele Smith’s Goodbye Reception –Dr. Michele Smith has accepted the position of vice provost for student affairs/dean of students at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and will join their team on Aug. 2. This is wonderful news for her; however, not so great news for us here at MSU. We will miss her leadership within the Division of Student Affairs. We will host a farewell reception for her. Please mark your calendar and plan to join us Friday, July 23rd, 3:30-5pm in the Union Club (PSU 400) as we wish her well in the next chapter of her journey.
- Get Excited for Welcome Weekend 2021 – Welcome Weekend is right around the corner, and it’s time to get excited to welcome our new students to campus. Learn more about Welcome Weekend 2021 here: https://www.missouristate.edu/welcome/