Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
- Student Affairs Welcome Back Luncheon, Tuesday, August 31st, 11am-1pm, Ballroom East – Join us for a Fajita Fiesta Welcome Back Luncheon hosted by the Division of Student Affairs. The cost is $5 per person, must be paid in cash and presented with a coupon that was sent out in an email on Friday, August 27th. The coupon must be presented to get the discount. The menu consists of: Chicken Fajitas, Beef Enchiladas, Vegetarian Black Beans, Spanish Rice, Tortilla Shells and Fixings, Strawberry Nachos, Iced Tea and Water. If you didn’t receive the email, contact Priscilla Childress at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will forward it to you.
- Nominate a student for the Citizen Scholar Award – The Citizen Scholar Award was initiated in 2007 as a special Board of Governors program to recognize outstanding citizen scholars at Missouri State University. Eighty-three (83) students since 2007 have been recognized for their stellar achievements with academics, community engagement and leadership. Citizen Scholar nominations may be made by Missouri State University faculty and staff members each fall. The deadline to nominate a student is Thursday, September 9th. To find out more, visit https://studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/citizenscholaraward.htm.
- Fresh Check Day hosted by the Missouri State Counseling Center – Encourage the students you work with to take part in the Fresh Check event taking place Tuesday, August 31st. This interactive mental health event will take place on the North Mall from 11am – 2pm and feature interactive booths, free food, prizes and more. If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
- Residence Life House Calls – House Calls 2021 will take place Wednesday, September 1, 2021. The House Calls program is designed to reach out to residence hall students and give them an opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and administrators on a more personal level. By visiting individual rooms in the residence halls, volunteers can welcome students, help determine if they need any assistance, and answer any questions they might have. To volunteer for House Calls, visit https://reslife.missouristate.edu/housecalls.htm.
- Campus Rec Posts Schedule of Events – Campus Rec has posted its schedule of events for Outdoor Adventures, BearFit Classes and Rec Sports. Encourage your students to take part in these great activities.
- LatinX History Month Kickoff Event – Join Multicultural Programs for the annual Latinx Heritage Month Traditional Kickoff: Dance Troupe Performance, September 3rd, 4:00-6:00 PM in the PSU Theater.
Bonus: Save-the-Date: The Division of Student Affairs is thrilled to announce five candidates who will be interviewing for the Assistant Vice President Student Affairs/Dean of Students position. Each candidate will give a presentation at an open forum. The presentation topic: Please share your vision for the Dean of Students office and the leadership approach you would employ with this critical campus unit. Be sure to include a brief discussion of the challenges and opportunities associated with engaging students in our current COVID era. Learn more here: https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2021/08/UPDATED-A-Message-from-the-Division-of-Student-Affairs.pdf