Take a minute to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Indigenous Heritage Month – Join us in celebrating Indigenous Heritage Month at Missouri State. The office of multicultural programs will host a variety of educational and social events through Nov. 23. They offer an opportunity to learn more about the cultures, traditions, histories and contributions of Native people. https://news.missouristate.edu/2021/11/04/take-part-in-celebrating-indigenous-heritage-month-this-november/
2. Cupcakes with Conduct – The Office of Student Conduct will be hosting Cupcakes with Conduct on Thursday, November 18, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 1 pm on the 2nd floor of the PSU. Attendees will be able to engage with office staff and have the opportunity to answer a trivia question to receive a cupcake! We would greatly appreciate this event being shared with students.
3. Assistant Director of Student Engagement, Fraternity and Sorority Life Position – There are two upcoming open forums for candidates for the Assistant Director of Student Engagement – Fraternity and Sorority Life position. Each candidate has been asked to prepare a 10-minute presentation on the topic of The Future of Fraternity and Sorority Life: How Can FSL Stay Relevant with Today’s College Student followed by questions from attendees. Electronic feedback form information will be provided at the forums. Please plan to attend if your schedule allows.
Anna Stark – Thursday, November 18; 10:00-10:45am in PSU 313 (Traywick Parliamentary Room)
4. Open Enrollment for Benefit Coverage and Wellness Incentive – Missouri State’s open enrollment period is November 1-December 1, 2021. During this time you may enroll, change, or drop coverage related to individual or family member plans. COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines are available to all employees, full- or part-time, and to their eligible dependents, spouse/domestic partner at no cost. By participating in the wellness activity, health care plan members can save up to $360 per year on their premiums for the 2022 plan year. To learn more, visit www.missouristate.edu/benefits
5. Bear a Friend – Send a Sleuth (a group of bears) to a co-worker, friend, professor here at Missouri State. You can send a bunch of bears for a one-time suggested donation of $5.00. The collected funds will go to the Student Emergency Fund. How does it work? Complete the form below and under the cover of darkness (or whenever their office is empty), your friends space will come alive with bears! The bears will be collected from the office two days after the bearing has taken place. Make a friend/co-worker feel special and have some fun! They’ll receive a note saying “You’ve been BEARed” along with your message! Learn more here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=207371