Take a moment to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Chocolate Lover’s Valentine’s Box and Valentine’s Cookies – Feeling sweet? These adorable boxes are available for a limited time only! Chocolate lover’s boxes include over 18 treats plus a chocolate scented bear! Your choice of ribbon color and cupcake flavor for only 30 dollars. Cookie boxes include four large cookies for only 8 dollars. Email TeriTrickey@missouristate.edu to pre-order now. Available for pickup beginning Feb. 9th in the PSU next to Evolution Eatery. Great to gift as a random act of kindness!
2. Celebrate Black History Month – The office of multicultural programs at Missouri State University will host this year’s events and presentations. It will highlight Black culture and history and address the modern Black experience in America through education, discussion and more. Read more: https://bit.ly/34eBsy5
3. A Conversation with Dee – The Division of Student Affairs is an inclusive unit of many different personalities and ideas. From seasoned professionals to those new to the field, conversations and the sharing of these ideas is an excellent way for the division to remain champions for student success. Join Dr. Siscoe for a conversation and sharing of ideas on February 8th, 11am-12pm via Zoom. Space is limited to 10 so sign up today here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=210870 Stay tuned for the conversations each month throughout the Spring semester.
4. We are excited to welcome the following staff to the Division of Student Affairs:
Lewis Schnapp – Missouri State Bookstore
Briar Douglas – Office of Student Engagement
5. Encourage students to apply for Missouri State Foundation Scholarships – There are donor-funded scholarships in every department and college on campus. Students only have to complete one application to be considered for all the donor-funded scholarships. The deadline to apply is March 1st. Share this information with the students that work in your area.
6. Encourage your students to apply to be an Ursa Major – Ursa Majors help transition incoming students attending the Ursa Experience into Missouri State University and show them how to make their Missouri Statement. Current student leaders, called Ursa Majors, facilitate small groups of Ursa Minors and represent Missouri State to 200 incoming Bears. As an Ursa Major, you will have a blast while you build friendships with new students and fellow student leaders, mentor new Missouri State students, explore your personal strengths and leadership skills, and so much more! Students can apply here: https://www.missouristate.edu/newbears/ursamajor.htm
Bonus: Bear a Friend – Send a Sleuth (a group of bears) to a co-worker, friend, professor here at Missouri State. You can send a bunch of bears for a one-time suggested donation of $5.00. The collected funds will go to the Student Emergency Fund. How does it work? Complete the form below and under the cover of darkness (or whenever their office is empty), your friends space will come alive with bears! The bears will be collected from the office two days after the bearing has taken place. Make a friend/co-worker feel special and have some fun! They’ll receive a note saying “You’ve been BEARed” along with your message! Learn more here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=207371