Take a moment to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1) You Can Help a Student – Attend this training to find out how you can support students struggling with mental health concerns. This 120 minute session uses interactions and conversations to teach audience members actionable ways they can help students in distress. You can register for a session through My Learning Connection in your My Missouri State. This training is open to all Missouri State faculty and staff. Upcoming session dates are:
Wednesday, March 16th – 8:30-10:30 on Zoom
Monday, April 4th – 8:30-10:30 in person
Monday, April 25th – 9am-11am in person
Thursday, May 19th – 8:30am-10:30am in person
2) The Unlikely Allies Conference – Student, faculty, and staff action research group to host racial allyship conference in March during Women’s History Month. Join this provocative conversation about campus racial allyship on Friday, March 4, 2022 at 7:00 p.m., in the Plaster Student Union Theater. The Unlikely Allies Conference includes a campus-wide lecture and book signing with Dr. Karen L. Dace, author of Unlikely Allies in the Academy: Women of Color and White Women in Conversation. Faculty, staff, and students can download the eBook by clicking here. Access requires BearPass login. For more information, visit: https://www.missouristate.edu/FCTL/unlikelyallies2022conference.htm.
3) A Conversation with Dee – The Division of Student Affairs is an inclusive unit of many different personalities and ideas. From seasoned professionals to those new to the field, conversations and the sharing of these ideas is an excellent way for the division to remain champions for student success. Join Dr. Siscoe for a conversation and sharing of ideas on March 9th, 1:30-2:30pm via Zoom. Space is limited to 10 so sign up today here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=210870 Stay tuned for the conversations each month throughout the Spring semester.
4) Get to Know the Division of Student Affairs – Are you new to the Division of Student Affairs? Have you joined us in the past 6-12 months? If so, join us on March 3rd at 3:30pm in PSU 315and Get to Know the Division of Student Affairs. Visit with Dr. Dee Siscoe and other members of the Division Enjoy some snacks and great conversation! If you would like to attend, please email Priscilla Childress at email@example.com!
5) Thank YOU! Thank you to everyone in the division for your continued hard work for our students! Each of you is so important to the work we do every day in the Division of Student Affairs! You are truly Champions for Student Success!