Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs. Spring Break starts this weekend, and our students will be leaving campus to go enjoy some much needed rest. This is also a good time for us in the Division of Student Affairs to work on our projects and get some rest and prepare for the second half of the semester!
1) You Can Help a Student – Attend this training to find out how you can support students struggling with mental health concerns. This 120 minute session uses interactions and conversations to teach audience members actionable ways they can help students in distress. You can register for a session through My Learning Connection in your My Missouri State. This training is open to all Missouri State faculty and staff. Upcoming session dates are:
Wednesday, March 16th – 8:30-10:30 on Zoom
Monday, April 4th – 8:30-10:30 in person
Monday, April 25th – 9am-11am in person
Thursday, May 19th – 8:30am-10:30am in person
2) Bear Pantry & Student Affairs Graduate Association Partnership – Approximately 1 in 5 college students are hungry, lacking sufficient access to food (CUFBA, 2020). Make a difference in your community today by donating food, academic supplies, or hygiene items to the Bear Pantry, located in the basement of University Hall! Want to help but can’t find time to pull away from the office? The Student Affairs Graduate Association is offering its services to the Division of Student Affairs to collect any donations to be delivered to the Bear Pantry. We’ll send one of our members directly to your office to collect your items and we will provide a receipt of the delivery. If you are interested in having our members deliver your items, please reach out to us at SAGA@missouristate.edu to schedule a pickup time. Source: College and University Food Bank Alliance (2019). About us. Retrieved from http://cufba.org/about-us/
3) Donate Goodies to the Student Employee of the Year Celebration – Student Employment Services is recognizing Student Employee of the Year nominees at a reception on Wednesday, April 13th. We would like to invite you to donate to this important recognition to show students that they are appreciated by MSU! Donations can be made in the form of material items, swag, or gift cards/certificates. Donating departments will be acknowledged on social media and at the reception. We welcome your donation on any level, whether it be for the 27 award nominees, winner of the annual MSU Student Employee of the Year award, or a contribution to the entire event. Donation deadline is March 31st. To contribute or for more information: StudentEmployment@MissouriState.edu or 65627.
4) Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs – We would like to welcome the following people to the Division of Student Affairs! We are excited to have you join our team!
Zackary Kelley – Campus Rec
Katie McWilliams – Admissions
Travis Barton – Residence Life
5) Student Affairs in Higher Education Graduate Recruitment Weekend – Graduate Recruitment Weekend March 10-11. 18 potential students will be visiting with our departments, current students, and academic classroom. We will be conducting all GRW events online this year due to the availability of travel for our incoming students.
6) A Conversation with Dee – The Division of Student Affairs is an inclusive unit of many different personalities and ideas. From seasoned professionals to those new to the field, conversations and the sharing of these ideas is an excellent way for the division to remain champions for student success. Join Dr. Siscoe for a conversation and sharing of ideas on April 13, 4-5pm PSU 312C. Space is limited to 10 so sign up today here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=210870