Take a moment to see what’s going on in the Division of Student Affairs this week.
1. President’s Diversity Council Meeting – Join President Smart and Multicultural Student Services for the Spring Meeting of the President’s Diversity Council on Tuesday, April 12th, 3:30pm-5:30pm in the Union Club, 4th floor of the Plaster Student Union or on Zoom at https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/91578441563. The topic will be the Student Experience at Missouri State.
2. Open Forum with Multicultural Programs Director Candidate – Make plans to attend the Open Forum for the Multicultural Programs Director Candidate Nina Barudzic on Monday, April 11, 10-11am in the Multicultural Resource Center, first floor of the Plaster Student Union or on Zoom at https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/95631633665.
3. Join the MRC for Tuesday Talks “Real Talk about Red Flags-Project Heal and Surviving Souls” – Join the MRC for a mini-victim services resource and interactive discussion about how to identify red-flags at social events. Representatives from The Victim Center, Harmony House, and the Greene County Family Justice Center will be present along with our campus advocates from MSU and OTC. April 12th, 2pm, MRC, Zoom: https://bit.ly/3D80trY
4. Conversations with the College – Dr. Dee Siscoe – Mark your calendars for Thursday, April 28, 2022 at noon and join Dr. Dee Siscoe, Vice President for Student Affairs, for the next session of “Conversations with the College” with host, Greg Fansler, Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations. Conversations with the College is a webinar series created for alumni and friends to hear directly from the department or college about current goals, unique challenges and opportunities. Sign up for Dr. Siscoe’s session here: https://maroonation.missouristate.edu/s/1691/start.aspx?sid=1691&gid=2&pgid=2738&content_id=2477
5. Join the Maroon Moves Walking Challenge this Spring – Are you looking for a way to start moving more? Do you need a little friendly competition to get you motivated? Get ready for Maroon Moves! Maroon Moves is a walking challenge for all benefit-eligible Missouri State University employees. The Maroon Moves Walking Challenge kicks off April 6th and runs through April 30th. The walking challenge will be managed through a very simple digital platform called Challenge Runner. Challenge Runner syncs with your personal fitness tracker and automatically records the data to a leader board on Challenge Runner’s website and mobile app. To participate in Maroon Moves, you must create a Challenge Runner account. If you have questions, contact Galen Martin at email@example.com. Visit https://www.missouristate.edu/Wellness/walking-challenge.htm to sign up.
6. National Student Employment Week – April 11-15, 2022 – Thank you MSU student employees for all that you do! The Student Employment Office hosts a variety of events in recognition of National Student Employment Week. We celebrate during the Student Employee of the Year Reception and provide gifts for all student employees on-campus. We encourage departments to plan departmental celebrations showing appreciation for the student employees in their area. Read more here: https://www.missouristate.edu/StudentEmp/national-student-employment-week.htm
7. Annual Campus-wide Memorial Service – The annual campus-wide Memorial Service to honor the memories of those we have lost this past year will be held on Thursday, April 28th, 4-5pm in the Union Club in the Plaster Student Union. We will be honoring current students, faculty and staff during this service. The service is open to all. If you have questions, contact Priscilla Childress or Debbie Letterman.
8. Spring Town Hall – Join the University for a Spring Town Hall, which will focus on diversity, equity and inclusion on Wednesday, April 27th, 3:30-5pm, Plaster Student Union Theatre. https://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/115821/220593