Thank you for your dedication to our students this semester. As we’re moving back to our normal academic year, you haven’t missed a beat, jumping in and working to give our students a wonderful experience! Your hard work is greatly appreciated! Enjoy these last few busy weeks, practice Self-Care as a Bear and Go Bears!
Take a moment to read the last Five Things of the Semester.
1. Bookstore Annual Tent Sale-May 9 – May 13 (in-person event) You do not want to miss this event … the Bookstore’s largest sale event of the year! Come early, come often … during the week of May 9, from 9am – 5pm, we will have BearWear, souvenirs, and other merchandise displayed under our tents on the patio in front of the bookstore and priced to sell. Discounts will start at 50% and increase throughout the week up to 75% … products do sell quickly at this in-person only event, so make sure you get us on your calendar for a visit (maybe a few visits)!
2. Order a Mother’s Day Box from Missouri State Catering – Come to the Union Club anytime this week between 11-1 and order your Mother’s day box. It’s packed with delicious treats, and a cute little succulent. Then you can pick it up between 11-1 on Friday, May 6th. The box includes: 2 Blueberry Lemon Cookies, 2 Sea Salt Caramel Cookies, 1 Brownie, 1 Bag of Spring Snack Mix, 1 Lemon Sunshine Cupcake and 1 Succulent, all for $30.00. Questions? Email Teri Trickey at email@example.com.
3. We are excited to welcome the following new employees to the Division of Student Affairs:
Natosha Alane Lancaster – Assistant Director, Financial Aid
Julie Ann Morell – Custodian 1, Residence Life
Dr. Lori J. Cohen – Physician, Magers Health and Wellness Center
4. Make plans to attend the Executive Vice President and Provost Open Forum with Candidate Zora Mulligan on May 5th, 3-4:30pm, PSU Theatre – Join us for an open forum with Executive Vice President and Provost candidate, Commissioner Mulligan. Commissioner Mulligan is the Commissioner of Higher Education for the State of Missouri, a position she has held since 2016. She served as chief of staff for the University of Missouri System from 2014-2016. Prior to that, she was the executive director for the Missouri Community College Association from 2010-2014. She also served as assistant commissioner, general counsel and legislative liaison for the State of Missouri from 2007-2010. https://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/115878/220779
5. Save-the-Date for the Retirement Reception for Dr. Dave Muegge, Director of Magers Family Health and Wellness Center – Dr. Dave Muegge, director of Magers Family Health and Wellness Center, will retire after almost 30 years of service at Missouri State. Please join us for a celebration of Muegge’s service to MSU on Wednesday, May 18th, 3:30-5pm, PSU Ballroom West. https://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/115837/220681
6. Spring Commencement 2022 – Spring Commencement 2022 will take place on Friday, May 20th at Great Southern Bank Arena. If you are interested in volunteering to help with Commencement, reach out to Terry Weber at TerryWeber@MissouriState.edu. For more information, visit https://www.missouristate.edu/Commencement/spring-2022-commencement.htm. If you work with students that are graduating, please share this information with them: We want to know about what’s next for you after you become one of 120,000+ Missouri State alumni. This information is important to us, and the data we collect plays a part in determining our state funding. Complete the Graduate Outcomes Survey here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/first_destination_surveys/3744