Take a moment to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Welcome Weekend 2022 – Welcome Weekend activities will start on Thursday, August 18th. There are all kinds of activities ranging from Tradition Tours to Playfair, Party at the Bear and everyone’s favorite Bear Bash. To see a full schedule of events, visit https://www.missouristate.edu/Welcome/full-schedule.htm.
2. House Calls – Another fun way to welcome our residential students to campus is to participate in House Calls sponsored by Residence Life. The House Calls program is designed to reach out to residence hall students and give them an opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and administrators on a more personal level. By visiting individual rooms in the residence halls, volunteers can welcome students, help determine if they need any assistance, and answer any questions they might have. Volunteer today! https://reslife.missouristate.edu/HouseCalls.htm
3. Multicultural Programs Upcoming Events– Multicultural Programs has some great events planned for the fall semester. Take a minute to review them and encourage your students to take part in them. https://www.missouristate.edu/MulticulturalPrograms/default.htm
4. The Division of Student Affairs is happy to announce that we are bringing to campus a candidate for the Mental Health Clinician: 9-month and 12-month appointments vacancy in the counseling center. On Wednesday, August 17th the candidate will be providing a 25-minute presentation followed by a question-and-answer session for campus and community members. Please join us if you can! Please join us to interview Amy Chenoweth for the Mental Health Clinician: 9-month and 12-month appointments. Amy is a Licensed Professional Counselor, as well as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Amy is also trained in EMDR, Critical Incident Response, QPR, Nurtured Heart Approach, and ACT. Amy has been an instructor at Missouri State University in the Counseling, Leadership and Special Education Department since 2014 and is currently providing counseling services through Private Practice. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2022/08/Amy-Chenoweth-Resume.pdf
Date and Time: Wednesday, August 17th from 11:00 am to 11:45 am – PSU 101
5. Bear a Friend – Send a Sleuth (a group of bears) to a co-worker, friend, or professor here at Missouri State. You can send a bunch of bears for a one-time suggested donation of $5.00. The collected funds will go to the Student Emergency Fund. How does it work? Complete the form below and under the cover of darkness (or whenever their office is empty), your friends space will come alive with bears! The bears will be collected from the office two days after the bearing has taken place. Make a friend/co-worker feel special and have some fun! They’ll receive a note saying “You’ve been BEARed” along with your message! Learn more here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=207371