Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Nominate a Student for the Citizen Scholar Award – The Citizen Scholar Award was initiated in 2007 as a special Board of Governors program to recognize outstanding citizen scholars at Missouri State University. Eighty-three (83) students since 2007 have been recognized for their stellar achievements with academics, community engagement and leadership. Citizen Scholar nominations may be made by Missouri State University faculty and staff members each fall.
The nominations for the 2022-2023 Citizen Scholar Award have opened. The deadline for nominations is September 8th. Find out more about the nomination process here: https://studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/citizenscholaraward.htm
2. Division of Student Affairs All-Staff Meeting – Our Division of Student Affairs All Staff Meeting will take place in the PSU Ballroom on September 8th from 8:00-10:00 with a group picture following in the Theater. Breakfast items will be served at 7:30 a.m. Everyone is encourage to wear BearWear.
3. Division of Student Affairs Welcome Back Lunch – The yearly Welcome Back lunch will take place on September 16th in Ballroom east from 12:00-1:30. Lunch (Fajita Bar) is $5.00 with required coupon. You will receive the coupon in your Missouri State email in the next week.
4. Encourage your students to apply for the Student Affairs Advisory Board – The Division of Student Affairs Student Advisory Board exists to provide open dialogue and discussion between Missouri State University students and the Vice President for Student Affairs. This fourteen-member board, open to both graduate and undergraduate students, has been charged with providing deliberate input to the Vice President regarding out-of-classroom experiences and student life. https://studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/student-affairs-advisory-board.htm
The application for 2022-2023 is open. Visit https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=219435 to complete the application. Applications are due by Tuesday, September 6th at 5pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Peggy Jones.
5. Missouri State E-sports Launch Celebration – All are welcome to celebrate the addition of esports to MSU’s campus, where you will be able to see all the amazing changes to the Games Center and learn about the future of esports at MSU. The launch will take place on September 6th in the Level 1 Games Center located on the first floor of the PSU, Room 124.
6. Get to Know Student Affairs – On-boarding Event for New Employees – Join Dr. Siscoe and other administrators for an informational overview of Student Affairs and “get-to-Know” the Division event for new Employees.
When: Wednesday • September 14, 2022 • 3-4:30 PM
Where: Plaster Student Union 312
Questions: Contact Priscilla Childress at email@example.com