Take a moment to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Nominate a Student for the Citizen Scholar Award – The Citizen Scholar Award was initiated in 2007 as a special Board of Governors program to recognize outstanding citizen scholars at Missouri State University. Eighty-three (83) students since 2007 have been recognized for their stellar achievements with academics, community engagement and leadership. Citizen Scholar nominations may be made by Missouri State University faculty and staff members each fall.
The nominations for the 2022-2023 Citizen Scholar Award have opened. The deadline for nominations is September 8th. Find out more about the nomination process here: https://studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/citizenscholaraward.htm
2. Division of Student Affairs All-Staff Meeting – Our Division of Student Affairs All Staff Meeting will take place in the PSU Ballroom on September 8th from 8:00-10:00 with a group picture following in the Theater. Breakfast items will be served at 7:30 a.m. Everyone is encourage to wear BearWear.
3. Division of Student Affairs Welcome Back Lunch – The yearly Welcome Back lunch will take place on September 16th in Ballroom east from 12:00-1:30. Lunch (Fajita Bar) is $5.00 with required coupon. You will receive the coupon in your Missouri State email in the next week.
4. Encourage your students to apply for the Student Affairs Advisory Board – The Division of Student Affairs Student Advisory Board exists to provide open dialogue and discussion between Missouri State University students and the Vice President for Student Affairs. This fourteen-member board, open to both graduate and undergraduate students, has been charged with providing deliberate input to the Vice President regarding out-of-classroom experiences and student life. https://studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/student-affairs-advisory-board.htm
The application for 2022-2023 is open. Visit https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=219435 to complete the application. Applications are due by Friday, September 9th at 5pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Peggy Jones.
5. Missouri State E-sports Launch Celebration and Reopening of the Level 1 Game Center– All are welcome to celebrate the addition of esports to MSU’s campus, where you will be able to see all the amazing changes to the Games Center and learn about the future of esports at MSU. The launch will take place on September 6th in the Level 1 Games Center located on the first floor of the PSU, Room 124.
6. MSU celebrates Latino/a/x Heritage Month – The office of multicultural programs at Missouri State University will host several events in honor of Latino/a/x Heritage Month. The events will take place Sept. 7 to Oct. 6 on campus. Learn more here: https://news.missouristate.edu/2022/09/01/latino-a-x-heritage-month/
7. The MRC presents Bailar Con Nosotros: Dance with us! is an event in collaboration with a local dance group: Grupo LatinoAmericano. During the three-hour event, the audience will be learning more about Latino/a/x individuals, explore dances from Latin America, and enjoy traditional Latin American food. The event is September 26th from 6-9 pm in PSU Ballroom. Tickets for faculty, staff, and community members could be purchased here: https://commerce.cashnet.com/VPSA?itemcode=VPSA-8
Tickets for students are free and they should RSVP using this link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=5DDYyk9VYUO65chlIz-3f4Xvu6v9pUZHi6somoBTmxFUQ1RGQ0xLMzlDVVdGRjBYWFJBQlMxUVg5SSQlQCN0PWcu&origin=Invitation&channel=0
8. All Things Diverse SGF – Multicultural Services has partnered with with a local resource that is connecting the Springfield and MSU community with diverse businesses and resources. It is an app that you can download called All Things Diverse SGF. You can find out more information at allthingsdiversesgf.com. If you have questions, contact Stef Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.