Take a moment to find out what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Public Affairs Conference 2022 – The 19th annual Public Affairs Conference is Sept. 20-22, 2022 with a mix of free, in-person speakers and live virtual panel sessions that explore the theme, From Words to Deeds: Creating Collaborative Communities. The keynote speaker this year is Marlee Matlin, actress, producer, author and lifelong advocate for the deaf and hard of hearing. Learn more about the conference here: https://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/2022/default.htm
2. Learn how to earn the 2023 wellness incentive discount and plan to attend these fall events to take charge of your health and financial wellness. Visit https://bit.ly/3Lu07QY to get more information about wellness incentives, upcoming wellness events and more such as Flu/Covid booster vaccinations; Biometric Screenings; the Benefits Fair and Benefits Open Enrollment.
3. Fraternities and Sororities are looking for faculty/staff advisors! This is a great way to connect with students. You can be as involved as you want to be, but it is not a huge time commitment. You can provide them with campus resources, help them get connected to various departments, and sign paperwork from time to time. You also don’t have to be affiliated with a fraternity or sorority to be a faulty/staff advisor. If you have any questions and/or are interested, please reach out to Carlye Genisio at CarlyeGenisio@MissouriState.edu.
4. Chartwells and Staff Senates Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon – Chartwells and Staff Senates Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon will be October 20th, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm in the Plaster Student Union Ballroom. The price for this all you can eat buffet is $12.00 per person, with half of the $12.00 being donated to Cancer Research of the Ozarks. If you would like to make a reservation for 8 people or more, please contact Teri Trickey by email at email@example.com. Be sure to mark this on your calendars.
5. Family Weekend 2022 – Family Weekend 2022 will take place this weekend, September 23-25th! There are many activities planned such as BearWear Bingo with the Student Activities Council and the Bookstore; Mindful Meditation with Rhonda Lesley; the Bear Family Tailgate with Traditions Council; and the annual Welcome Breakfast with the Career Center and President Smart. Over 1350 families have purchased tickets for some part of Family Weekend with an average of 4 member per family! That’s a lot of family members! Say hello when you see them and welcome them to our beautiful campus. To see a listing of events, visit https://www.missouristate.edu/BearsFamilies/familyweekendscheduleofevents-2022.htm. Contact Priscilla Childress with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-836-3060. Thanks to everyone that is volunteering their time, donating goodies and working events for Family Weekend! We appreciate you so much!
BONUS: Bear a Friend – Send a Sleuth (a group of bears) to a co-worker, friend, or professor here at Missouri State. You can send a bunch of bears for a one-time suggested donation of $5.00. The collected funds will go to the Student Emergency Fund. How does it work? Complete the form in the link below and under the cover of darkness (or whenever their office is empty), your friends space will come alive with bears!
The bears will be collected from the office two days after the bearing has taken place. Make a friend/co-worker feel special and have some fun! They’ll receive a note saying “You’ve been BEARed” along with your message!
Learn more here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=207371