Take a moment to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. State of the University Address – President Clif Smart, Executive Vice President Zora Mulligan and Interim Provost Dr. John Jasinski will address the university community.
When: Monday, October 03, 2022
Time: 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Where: Plaster Student Union Theatre
2. National Depression Screening Day – The Counseling Center will be offering free, confidential and anonymous screenings on Thursday, October 6th, 10am-3pm in PSU 312. Share this flyer with your students. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2022/10/National-Depression-Screeing-Day.pdf
3. University Ambassadors Recruitment – The Missouri State University Ambassadors organization is looking for amazing students to join the team! The recruitment season is underway and the membership application is available now. University Ambassadors lead campus tours for prospective students and participate in other new student recruitment events, all while getting paid for their efforts. Membership also provides leadership and employment opportunities, as well as social activities and great friendships! Please help spread the word and encourage students to apply by visiting www.MissouriState.edu/JoinUA. The application deadline is Oct. 21, 2022!
4. DEI Spotlights: LGBTQ+ Safe Zone Program (“Safe Zone”) is an awareness and practical-skills certification program for educators and administrators working with LGBTQ+ and queer-identified individuals. There are many upcoming trainings and registration can be done here: https://www.missouristate.edu/MulticulturalPrograms/safe-zone-training-registration.htm For further questions or inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (417) 836-4483. October is LGBTQ+ History Month!
5. Fraternities and Sororities are looking for faculty/staff advisors! This is a great way to connect with students. You can be as involved as you want to be, but it is not a huge time commitment. You can provide them with campus resources, help them get connected to various departments, and sign paperwork from time to time. You also don’t have to be affiliated with a fraternity or sorority to be a faulty/staff advisor. If you have any questions and/or are interested, please reach out to Carlye Genisio at CarlyeGenisio@MissouriState.edu.
Bonus: Homecoming Office Decorating Contest – The Homecoming Committee, in an attempt to create more spirit and enthusiasm across campus with Homecoming, is inviting all offices on campus to participate in the Office Decorating Competition. As an office, we encourage your staff members, graduate assistants, and student employees to work together to decorate your office around the University Homecoming Tagline; “Haunted Homecoming”. Judging will take place on October 24th, 11:30am-1:30pm. Find out more: https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2022/10/Office-Decorating-Competition-2022.pdf