Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Chartwells and Staff Senates Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon – Chartwells and Staff Senates Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon will be October 20th, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm in the Plaster Student Union Ballroom. The price for this all you can eat buffet is $12.00 per person, with half of the $12.00 being donated to Cancer Research of the Ozarks. If you would like to make a reservation for 8 people or more, please contact Teri Trickey by email at email@example.com. Be sure to mark this on your calendars.
2. Psycho: The Haunted Trivia Tour – The Career Center (Carrington 309) is hosting “Psycho: The Haunted Trivia Tour” Monday October 24th from 10-12:30. On this day, the Career Center is going to be transformed into the Bates Motel for a few hours and guests are invited to come and tour. During each tour, guests will have the chance to compete with their friends in a game of trivia to win a prize. Tours will run every 10 minutes. Student walk-ins are welcome, but we would love MSU faculty/staff to sign up (so we can space out the tours evenly).
If you are available to join, please sign up for a time slot. The trivia game/tour will take an estimated 20 minutes in total. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
3. Join the Celebration for Onward Upward – You helped Missouri State Move Onward and Upward. Now it’s time to celebrate! Join the celebration on Saturday, October 29th, Great Southern Bank Arena, 7pm. The celebration will be hosted by John Goodman. Learn more here: https://www.missouristate.edu/OnwardUpward/TheCelebration/default.htm
4. Learn how to earn the 2023 wellness incentive discount and plan to attend these fall events to take charge of your health and financial wellness. Visit https://bit.ly/3Lu07QY to get more information about wellness incentives, upcoming wellness events and more such as Flu/Covid booster vaccinations; Biometric Screenings; the Benefits Fair and Benefits Open Enrollment.
5. STEPS 2 EmPowerment Conference – The STEPS 2 Empowerment Conference formally known as the Student Transition Education Program, sessions are broken down into grade levels focusing on “Who Am I Now?”, “Who Do I Want to Be?”, “Who Will I Be When I Get There?”, “Who Can Help Me Get There” which are facilitated by Missouri State University staff and students. The STEPS program takes place during the month of October. This year’s conference will take place October 19, 2022, with lunch provided to all attendants. The conference is free and open to any student. The STEPS 2 EmPowerment Conference is planned by Multicultural Services in conjunction with Admissions and Enrollment Management and Springfield Public Schools.