Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Spring 2023 Student Affairs All Staff Meeting – Join us for the Spring all staff meeting on Thursday, February 9th, 8am in the PSU Ballroom. This is a great event to come enjoy some refreshments, see your friends and learn about all that’s happening in our area of Missouri State.
2. Annual Cookie Decorating Day Event – Join us on February 14th for our annual Cookie Decorating Day! We’ll be in Ballroom East from 3-4pm enjoying some delicious cookies from Chartwells and catching up with friends. Stay tuned for more information!
3. DEI Spotlight- Black History Month Speaker: Frederick Joseph (February 7, 7pm-8pm, PSU Theater) – Save the date! SAC and the MRC present this event, which is open to students, faculty, and staff. Frederick Joseph, two-time New York Times bestselling author, will speak and then there will be a 30 minute q&a open to the audience. Students will have the chance to win a few of his books. Free chicken tenders and mac and cheese!
4. 2023 MSU Student Employee of the Year Nominations – Can you imagine running your area without student workers?Student workers are an essential component for smooth operations at the university. Show your appreciation for your student employee(s) by nominating them for 2023 MSU Student Employee of the Year. The winner of this prestigious award will represent your department and MSU as they progress to a regional, state, and national level competition where they may win prizes and recognition. All nominees and nominating departments are recognized at a campus reception.
The 2023 winner will receive a gift card and other great gifts.
All nominees will also receive gifts of appreciation.
Nominators also have a chance to win prizes at the reception.
Being nominated for MSU Student Employee of the Year is a great addition to a career building resume’. The deadline for nominations is February 1st, but nominations are being accepted now at: Student Employee of the Year Nomination
5. Order a Chocolate Lovers Box from Chartwells for Valentine’s – Chartwells has some divine chocolate boxes available for purchase for Valentine’s Day. The boxes are filled with delicious treats such as cupcakes, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and so much more. Chartwells will deliver also. To find out what’s in the box, click https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2023/01/chocolate-lovers-box-1.pdf.
6. Giving Day 2023 – Mark your calendar for MSU’s annual Giving Day March 1 & 2, 2023. This 36-hour event makes a difference for Bears across the globe. Rally support for the area at Missouri State that matters to you most. Be a social media influencer and sign up now to be an ambassador for Giving Day. Share your unique link for a chance to earn an exclusive incentive. What can we accomplish in 36 hours when Bears unite?
7. Open Forums for the position of Bears LEAD Coordinator – Join Access and Success Programs for open forums for the candidates for the Bears LEAD Coordinator.
1/31/2023 for The position of Bears Lead Coordinator
2:00-3:00, Library 120
Topic – As a primary job responsibility of the coordinator it is your duty to develop and implement a curriculum for students in the form of monthly 60-minute meetings. Please share ideas/ topics that you believe Bears LEAD students should learn while in the program and examples of how you would present and facilitate such workshops.
2:00-3:00, Library 120
Topic – As a primary job responsibility of the coordinator, it is your duty to develop and implement a curriculum for students in the form of monthly 60-minute meetings. Please share ideas/ topics that you believe Bears LEAD students should learn while in the program and examples of how you would present and facilitate such workshops.