Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. “Lunch and Learns” – We have set up “Lunch and Learns” that are optional for participation yet we hope you will consider participating, if applicable. Please email Peggy Jones at email@example.com to sign-up to ensure we will have enough seats and snacks.
- August 2: Affirmative Action- Jeff Mitchell, Noon PSU 308
- August 30: BEARLINK Platform Possibilities– Briar Douglas, Noon PSU 317
- October 11: Chat GBT- Dusty Braddish and Professional Development Committee, Noon PSU 317
- December 5: BIT- Care and Concern for Students– Dr. Andrea Weber, Noon PSU 317
- January 18: DEI– Dr. Rabekah Stewart, Noon PSU 317
- February 21: Health & Wellness– Ashleigh Lewellen and Sara Nimmo, Noon PSU 317
- April 17: Topic TBD, Noon PSU 317
2. Sign up for House Calls TODAY! House Calls takes place on Wednesday, August 30th. The House Calls program is designed to reach out to residence hall students and give them an opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and administrators on a more personal level. By visiting individual rooms in the residence halls, volunteers can welcome students, help determine if they need any assistance, and answer any questions they might have. Sign up for House calls here: https://reslife.missouristate.edu/HouseCalls.htm
3. Volunteer for Bear Crew – Become a member of the Bear Crew and welcome incoming students and their families to campus by helping them move into their residence hall rooms. We are looking for volunteers from our current student body as well as faculty and staff members to help with Missouri State move-in on August 16-19, 2023. Find out more here: https://reslife.missouristate.edu/BearCrew.htm
4. Welcome Week 2023 – It’s hard to believe but Welcome Week, August 16th-20th, is right around the corner! There are many activities planned our incoming students such as Bear Bash, New Student Convocation, Belong-B-Q and many more! There are even events for family members including the President’s Reception for New Family Members and the See Ya Later Brunch! If you are interested in helping out, contact Tara Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out all the activities here: https://www.missouristate.edu/Welcome/default.htm
5. New Student Affairs Staff On-Boarding – We will be holding our on-boarding for new Student Affairs Staff on September 11th, 3-4:30pm. All new staff members will receive an invitation. This event is a great way to get to know others new to the Division, visit with administrators and learn about the great work of the Divisions. Stay tuned for more information. If you have questions, contact Priscilla Childress at email@example.com.
6. Fall DOSA All-Staff Meeting – Mark your calendar for the Fall DOSA All-Staff Meeting, September 13th, 8am in the PSU Theatre. The agenda will include a staff photo, the DOSA Awards, sharing of important information, and breakout meetings for our student affairs committees. If you have questions, contact Peggy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.