Take a moment to see what’s happening this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Fall Break – Fall Break is Thursday, October 12th-Friday, October 13th. Offices will be open. We hope you get to relax and rest during this time after the busy semester you’ve had so far.
2. Flu Shots – Magers Health and Wellness Center is offering flu shots now. Please schedule an appointment through MyHealth Portal. When scheduling a special flu vaccine (Fluzone or Flucelvax) please choose the option in the reservation time designated for the specific vaccine. Please check in at the front desk or the vaccination check in table before receiving your flu vaccination. There is no cost for students.
Those on MSU’s insurance will not have any out of pocket expenses. Retirees on Medicare will need to check if Magers Health and Wellness Center is in network. Other individuals may incur a charge. Contact Magers Health at 417-836-4000 with questions.
3. Missouri State’s United Way Campaign – Missouri State University faculty, staff and retirees have rallied together every year for decades to contribute to UWO. In doing so, our community supports our public affairs mission by assisting many who need help. To find out more about the campaign, visit: https://www.missouristate.edu/UnitedWayCampaign/default.htm
4. Paws to the Polls Voter Awareness Week – Paws to the Polls voter education initiative is excited to be hosting our second annual Voter Awareness Week between October 16th and 19th. This year’s theme is Spotlight on Local Government. Our signature event will be a Voting Fair on Wednesday, October 18th, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We have invited many local elected officials (e.g., mayor, city council, school board, our local state representatives and senators, and some appointed city officials) to engage with students about the importance of local government and the role they each occupy in our community.
On October 16th, 17th, and 19th, we will be tabling on campus to register voters and raise awareness about the importance of voting in all elections. Many students who are registered elsewhere don’t realize that they can vote in Greene County (and even right on the MSU campus) while they live, study, and work here. Paws to the Polls is a resource for the entire campus community, as well as the community at large. See more here.
5. Celebrate Careers in Students Affairs Month 2023 – Happy Careers in Students Affairs Month! Careers in Student Affairs (CSAM) is a month-long initiative, each October, supported by NASPA. CSAM is dedicated to the celebration of a career in student affairs, education and awareness in the profession, and engagement with professional associations and peers in the field. There are several events you can take part in this month to learn more about our work and to enhance your skills. Visit https://bit.ly/3rAG51D to find out more.
6. Earn the 2024 wellness incentive discount – In order to educate employees about health benefits resources and to reduce the impact of influenza on our workforce, full-time employees enrolled on the Health Plan will qualify for the full 2024 wellness incentive by completing two actions:
- Watch/complete an educational “Did you know” questionnaire through My Learning Connection (Oct. 9-Dec. 1, 2023).
- Receive a flu vaccination (between Aug. 1-Dec. 1, 2023).
- Complete one activity for $15 monthly incentive or both for $30 monthly incentive.
7. Pre-order the Homecoming T-shirt from the Bookstore – You can pre-order the Homecoming shirt from the Bookstore up to October 13th (while supplies last) online. See the shirt here. Visit the Bookstore order form.
8. Homecoming 2023 – There are great activities planned for Homecoming. The Homecoming football game will take place on Saturday, October 21st. Homecoming activities for students will take place October 15th-21st! Events for students include Mo State Live, the Homecoming Parade, Rockstar Competition, Maroon and White Night, Chalking, Window Painting, Collecting Donations for the Transition Closet and the Bear Pantry, the crowning of royalty and more. If you have questions, contact Tara Benson.
For alumni coming back to campus for Homecoming there are many activities planned. These include Breakfast with Boomer, reunions, athletic events and much more. See a listing of the activities and register for events here.