Congratulations on finishing out this semester and academic year, with an extra congratulations to those of you graduating! If you reside on campus, to ensure you’re ready for Summer Break, please attend your Resident Assistant’s floor meeting to get the information you need for move-out. Keep a close eye on your Missouri State email, your floor’s GroupMe, and other announcement spaces for information regarding check-out procedures. It’s important to follow these procedures to prevent fines from accruing and to verify you didn’t forget anything. In addition to the information Residence Life staff will provide you with, here are some helpful tips for the move-out process:
- Pack all of your belongings – double check drawers, closets, etc.
- Unplug and defrost your refrigerator prior to checking out
- Clean out all items from the refrigerator & take out all trash items
- Shut & lock your windows
- Make sure to wipe down countertops, sweep floors, etc.
- Keep your Bear Pass in a secure location over the break
If you need Summer Break Housing, check out the Apply for Housing page on Residence Life’s website. You can also contact the Residence Life Office at 417-836-5536 or check with your RA for any other information you may need. Other important items to know for Summer Break includes:
- Intersession courses begin on May 22nd, 2023
- Final grades from the spring semester will be available on your MSU account on May 23rd, 2023
- There will be no classes and University Offices will be closed on May 29th, 2023 for Memorial Day
- Summer sessions begin on June 12th, 2023
- There will be no classes and University Offices will be closed on the following dates:
- June 19th, 2023 for the Juneteenth Holiday
- July 4th, 2023 for Independence Day
- The full Fall 2023 Semester begins on August 21st, 2023
The Office of Student Conduct hopes everyone within our campus community has a wonderful Summer Break! We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus in August, but until then, Happy Summer!