There’s about three weeks left in the semester and less than a month away from our study tour trip (and summer)! It’s not too early to start thinking about preparing for the 2 weeks away from home. While any trip can be good and fun, a well-prepared trip is the most enjoyable. Ms. Pham has a great itinerary planned; however, there should be some preparations on our end as well. I’m talking the mundane, everyday stuff 🙂 Here’s a list of things that may help you to get ready:
- Cellphone charger – one of the top things likely to forget
- Electronic Converter – our US electronics ends should work fine in Vietnam but if you have an adapter for the prong shape, it will be helpful to bring it along for Myanmar. (I personally will be willing to share a universal adapter I’ll bring along with me). The voltage is also higher (220), so that’s something to double check with your electronics
- Money – it’s important to remember to notify your local bank that you’ll be traveling overseas if you plan to use your card. This will help save you from troubles later on.
- Gifts – it doesn’t have to be extravagant or take up lots of space. For the friends we met at the university, we had candy that we brought for them. It gave them a taste of what US is like 🙂
- Meds/Contact solutions/the little stuff we tend to forget
- A book/other entertainment devices – we’ll have some downtime in the car rides, airplane etc
If it’s like last year, Ms. Pham has included a list of things to pack. Hope the following items I listed can help you feel ready as well 🙂