You’ll receive lots of really valuable information at SOAR. You have important decisions to make about majors, classes, and schedules. Don’t overlook making friends! Knowing a few of your classmates when the semester begins can be really helpful.
Add Study Away to your SOAR Schedule
It may seem early to plan for something that may not happen until your sophomore or junior year, but learning your study abroad options now can be a great way to make sure they align with your other goals.
Catch our SOAR presentation. You can ask questions about anything. Get your parents involved! They’ll have lots of questions too. We have a whole page dedicated to parent questions. Be sure to share it with them.
Stop by our table at the SOAR Expo. Study Away Global Ambassadors will be there to share their experiences and answer your questions. These students have studied abroad at least once. They’re also trained to advise other students, so you’ll really want to use this resource.
Visit our office in PSU 209. Come to see our space and meet our staff. We’re happy to make answer questions, share opportunities, and make appointments for one-on-one advising.
Questions You Should Ask about Study Away
Maybe you’ve been thinking about studying abroad your whole life. Maybe this is your first time thinking about it. Either way, knowing what questions to ask and what to expect can be intimidating. We have some starters to help you out.
- Where can I go? Mention any specific locations you’re interested in, and be open-minded about new options.
- What classes will I take? Include your major or any majors you’re thinking about if you’re undecided.
- When should I go abroad? Ask staff when they traveled, and what they recommend for your major or location.
- How much does it cost? See what options are available, and the reasons why some programs might be more or less. Learn how to apply for scholarships and how Missouri State financial aid and scholarships apply.
- Is it safe? Ask about health and safety measures Missouri State supports.
- Why should I study abroad? Think about what career outcomes you’re looking for, and ask staff about theirs. Do you need language? Cultural immersion? See how our staff applied their experiences to their resumes and plan to use the skills built abroad now that they’re back in the US.
Good Luck at SOAR
We hope to see you while you’re here for SOAR. You’re also welcome to stop by our office and check out our events once the semester starts.