Tent Theatre’s 59th season for the summer of 2021 has officially been released!
Let’s see what Tent has in store for us:
- First, we have Beehive: The 60’s Musical!
- This timeless and groovy celebration of female empowerment created by Larry Gallagher features six strong rock/pop/R&B female vocalists singing and dancing to some of the 60’s greatest female hits. Featured songs include “Come See About Me,” “Piece of My Heart,” “Downtown,” “Proud Mary,” “A Natural Woman,” and many more!
- Performance dates will be June 16th through 19th.
- We also have The 39 Steps!
- This play, written by Patrick Barlow, is a parody adapted from the 1915 novel by John Buchan and 1935 film by Alfred Hitchcock. It features four actors playing a variety of characters in a non-stop, laughter-filled storyline with love interests, heroes, villains, spies, and more!
- Performance dates will be June 23rd through 26th.
*In honor of Irene Coger, Tent Theatre’s 59th season will be hosted in Coger Theatre for whom the theatre is named after.
- And finally, as an added bonus, there will be an encore performance of Missouri State University Department of Theatre and Dance’s The Secret Garden by Marsha Norman.
- Streaming dates will be June 29th – July 3rd.
Follow the link here to plan your visit to Tent Theatre: https://tenttheatre.missouristate.edu/!
This season of Tent is going to have quite a few changes from previous years, but none-the-less it will be just as immaculate and magical as we all know and love.