I gave this presentation at the Penn State Web Conference 2010 on June 8.
What good is a map that you can zoom, click, stretch and interact with if you can’t take it with you? Let’s ask the visitor in the parking lot how cool your map is when they are trying to find the admissions office. Mobile users are everywhere – and growing. Can your map keep up?
This session explores how to use the new Google Maps V3 API to make all your mobile map dreams come true – including the one where you’re the campus hero for the stellar new iPhone/Android application. One map that just works everywhere.
Based on experiences with the Missouri State Map.
Download Presentation: One Map to Rule Them All
- Mobile Map Template
- KML Reference
- Maps API v3 Articles
- Maps API v3 Reference
- Maps API v3 Group
- More Posts about Maps
- Recap: Hello Omni CMS, goodbye Web Press! - March 14, 2023
- Improve your Omni CMS skills at this free training - February 21, 2023
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018