Sharing student perspectives
During My Place events, students take over the University’s Instagram presence, and we get to see Missouri State through their eyes.
The office of Web and new media rolled out the My Place Instagram initiative last month. Read about the first two Instagram events below.
Know someone who would offer an interesting perspective? Recommend a student.
Hospitality and restaurant administration
April 24, 2014
Brooke chronicled her busy day, including a stint in the Carrie’s Café kitchen, a shift at her part-time job and a visit to the Foster Recreation Center.
Thoughts from Brooke’s My Place event
On her favorite breakfast: “I always strive to eat local when I am around town. Grabbing Hurts Donuts on my way to campus is the perfect way to start off a great day!”
About her academic experience: “I love being an HRA major! Our teacher steps back and lets us (15 eager foodie students) run the cafe!”
On her favorite campus retreat: “Our brand new Rec Center is… a great place to get rid of school work stress and enjoy a good workout!”
How she ends the day: “A long day isn’t complete without my nightly ritual of checking my email, Twitter, Blackboard account and procrastinating on that end of semester paper!”
May 8, 2014
One of 2,380 Spring 2014 #BearGrads, Mikel shared his last day of classes at Missouri State, which turned out to be even more memorable than expected.
Thoughts from Mikel’s My Place event
How he gets going in the morning: “Behind every successful person in life is a cup of coffee.”
The exciting way he concluded his college career: “Officially accepted an offer as an Account Coordinator at Sullivan Branding in Memphis! I cannot wait to follow my passion there!”
The way he celebrated this milestone: “Finished my last day of classes by cooking dinner and enjoying it with friends.”
How he unwinds: “Listening to some of my favorite tunes… Ella [Fitzgerald] has gotten me through a lot of research papers.”
Do you have a student to recommend? Email the office of Web and new media your suggestion. Experience using Instagram is preferred but not required.
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World - November 17, 2016
- Recap: 2016 Public Affairs Convocation on social media - November 9, 2016
- Free training for websites, blogs and social media - November 2, 2016
- Redesigned physician assistant studies website: Academic excellence + work-life balance - October 3, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - August 24, 2016
- Mobile-friendly academic website conversions: Spring semester progress - July 23, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - June 17, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - April 7, 2016
- Recap: Student work featured - January 11, 2016
- Redesigned biology website: Diverse programs in a mobile-friendly format - January 7, 2016