Public Affairs Week is an annual, week-long event developed by and for Missouri State students. The week consists of a series of presentations and special events that relate to the year’s public affairs theme – The Ethical Citizen.
- What: Public Affairs Week
- When: Sept. 15-19, 2014
- Where: Across campus, with most events at the PSU
- Who: Various speakers and presenters
- Tickets: Free and open to the public
- Sponsors: Public Affairs, SAC, SGA
Share your story
Help us spread the word about Public Affairs Week to the Missouri State and local communities by sharing it on social media. If you attend an event, we want to hear about your experience!
We encourage you to join the online conversation during Public Affairs Week by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #CitizenBear
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Public Affairs Week hashtag: #CitizenBear
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate; Public Affairs or @mostatepa; Student Activities Council or @sacmsu; Student Government Association or @mostateSGA
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Mo., hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Public Affairs Week
- When you post to Facebook, boost your status update by sharing it with a photo or video.
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective! If you attend Public Affairs Week, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience.
Sample social media posts
- Learn how to become a #CitizenBear during Public Affairs Week. See the lineup of great events: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/Schedule.htm
- Become a civically engaged #CitizenBear and register to vote this week. Campus registration locations: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/Registration.htm
- Learn first-hand about the deep injustices of our world’s food system at the Oxfam Hunger Banquet: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/Hunger-Banquet.htm #CitizenBear
- Hear talks on community engagement, ethical leadership and cultural competence at MSU Talks Sept. 16 https://www.facebook.com/events/1514120542154583/ #CitizenBear
- The #SGF community is invited to join the Conference on Civic Engagement Sept. 17: https://www.facebook.com/events/731657083537128/ #CitizenBear
- .@sacmsu and @OPTV present “The Invisible War,” a doc about the epidemic of rape in the military https://www.facebook.com/events/1478447905756525 #CitizenBear
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
All of the major events for Public Affairs Week have an associated Facebook event; please link to these Facebook event pages where appropriate:
- Hunger Banquet
- MSU Talks
- Civic Engagement Conference
- Mike Dilbeck – Response Ability
- The Invisible War
- Who Cares About Kelsey?
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about Public Affairs Week on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
- URL: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/
- Headline: Become a #CitizenBear during Public Affairs Week
- Long text content: Expand your understanding of the public affairs theme during this student-organized week of activities.
- Short text content: Highlights include the Hunger Banquet, MSU Talks and the Civic Engagement Conference.
Learn how to become a #CitizenBear during Public Affairs Week. See the lineup of great events: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/Schedule.htm