Upgrade your photography skills this June with instructor John Wall.
Why is photography important?
BufferSocial provides several good reasons why visual content is so important:
- Nearly half of all Internet users have reposted a photo or video they have found online.
- Content with relevant images gets 94 percent more views than content without.
- Tweets with images receive 150 percent more retweets.
- Images are the No. 1 most important factor in optimal social media content.
What topics will the training cover?
- Functions of the camera (film or digital)
- Composition, lenses, lighting, software, flash units and other equipment
- Tips and techniques for capturing photographs that stand out
- Studio visit and techniques
Who should attend?
This course is recommended to hobbyists, budding journalists that need to shoot their own stories, artists and anyone else looking at improving their photographic imagery. Those developing websites, blog posts and social media content are encouraged to attend.
When is it and how do I register?
- What: Fundamentals of Photography
- When: June 9, 11, 16, 18, 2015 (Tues-Thurs), 6-8 p.m.
- Cost: $49 (faculty and staff noncredit fee waiver eligible)
- Register: Online