If you’re in charge of a website, blog or social media platform, you should attend this workshop to learn strategies and best practices for communicating in the digital world.
Part one: Short and Snappy: Writing for the Digital World
Aug 10, 8-9:30 a.m.
Updated for 2015 with mobile best practices
Part one of this interactive session will answer questions such as:
- What are users looking for when they visit my website, blog or social media?
- How do I organize content on my website so that users can find the information they want?
- What should I be communicating on a website vs. a blog? How do the two relate?
- What can I do immediately to make my digital communications more strategic?
Part two: Social Media Boot Camp
Aug. 10, 9:45 a.m.-noon
Part two of this training will focus on strategies for effectively communicating through social media. We will answer questions such as:
- How should I be tailoring content to different social media platforms?
- What are some advanced strategies to increase our effectiveness on Facebook and Twitter?
- How can we best utilize photo and video content?
- What are some emerging platforms our unit may want to consider?
- When: Aug. 10, 8 a.m.-noon
- Where: Jim D. Morris Center, room 500
- Presenters: New Media Specialists Lucie Amberg, Courtney Wendel-Stevenson and Kevin Agee
Who should attend
This workshop is open to University faculty, staff and students who currently manage a website, blog or social media account on behalf of their University unit.
The workshop is organized into two parts; please register for each section.