Welcome Weekend 2015 introduces new Bears to campus life and welcomes returning students back to campus. Highlights of the weekend include Playfair on Friday, Bear Bash on Saturday and New Student Convocation, Bear Path and New Student Festival on Sunday.
- What: Welcome Weekend 2015
- When: Friday, August 14 – Sunday, August 16
- Where: All over campus
View more information about Welcome Weekend on MSU Mobile, available for iOS and Android.
Share your story
The best Welcome Weekend stories come from those who live it. When you attend any of the weekend events, we want to hear about your experience. We encourage you to join the online conversation throughout by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #FindYourPlace.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag posts with the official Welcome Weekend hashtag: #FindYourPlace
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University, @missouristate; Student Activities Council or @MOStateSAC
- To provide a link for more information on the event, please link to http://www.missouristate.edu/welcome/
- When you post to Facebook, boost your update by including a photo or video.
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective. When you attend a Welcome Weekend event, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience. Images below are pre-cropped for optimal use on Facebook and Twitter.
Sample social media posts
- Move-in is almost here. Learn more about making the move to MSU on Aug. 14. http://bit.ly/1APw9g8 #FindYourPlace
- Download MSU Mobile for the Welcome Weekend schedule, move-in map and more: http://bit.ly/1BgriVv #FindYourPlace
- #FindYourPlace at MSU during Welcome Weekend. Check out the lineup of great events: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt
- Kick off the new school year at Bear Bash Aug. 15. Join the Fan Fest pre-party at 7:30: http://bit.ly/1APxvHR #FindYourPlace
- Welcome new students to campus during New Student Convocation Aug. 16: http://bit.ly/1B8P19U #FindYourPlace #CitizenBear
- What Welcome Weekend event are you looking forward to the most? Check out the lineup: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt #FindYourPlace
- Making the move to MSU? Review our packing recommendations and move-in tips: http://bit.ly/1APw9g8
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about Welcome Weekend on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
- URL: http://www.missouristate.edu/welcome/
- Headline: Find your place at MSU during Welcome Weekend 2015
- Long text content: Meet new friends, learn about campus organizations and more during Welcome Weekend 2015 Aug. 14-16. #FindYourPlace
- Short text content: Weekend highlights include Playfair, Bear Bash and New Student Convocation.
- URL: http://www.missouristate.edu/mobile/
- Headline: Welcome Weekend on MSU Mobile
- Long text content: Stay connected with Welcome Weekend resources on the go by downloading MSU Mobile. #FindYourPlace
- Short text content: Stay connected to Missouri State with MSU Mobile.
#FindYourPlace at Missouri State during Welcome Weekend 2015. Check out the lineup of fun events: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt
Making the move to Missouri State? Review our packing recommendations and move-in tips: http://bit.ly/1APw9g8
- Recap: Hello Omni CMS, goodbye Web Press! - March 14, 2023
- Improve your Omni CMS skills at this free training - February 21, 2023
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018