Public Affairs Week is an annual, week-long event that is designed for students and consists of a series of presentations and special events that relate to the year’s public affairs theme – Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness: Perspectives on Self-Government.
- What: Public Affairs Week
- When: Sept. 12-19, 2016
- Where: Various locations on campus
- Who: Various speakers and presenters
- Free and open to the public
Share your story
Help us discuss Public Affairs Week with the Missouri State and local communities by sharing it on social media. If you attend the event, we want to hear about your experience. We encourage you to join the online conversation during the week by posting about it on Facebook or Twitter and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #CitizenBear. Posts with the #CitizenBear hashtag will be pulled to the #CitizenBear Tagboard.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag your posts with the official Public Affairs Week hashtag, #CitizenBear
- Tag Missouri State University on Facebook or @missouristate or @MoStatePA on Twitter
- Tag your posts with the Springfield, Missouri hashtag: #SGF
- Provide a link for more information on the event at http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/
- When you post to Facebook and Twitter, boost your status update by including a photo or video
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective. If you attend Public Affairs Week, share a memorable photo from or quote about your experience
Sample social media posts
The tweets listed below provide shortened links that direct to pages appropriate for each individual post, and are intended to be paired with any of the images above. Facebook posts allow for more flexibility in length.
- Become a #CitizenBear at the @MoStatePA Week. http://bit.ly/1Ul6Kaf
- If you haven’t registered to vote, you can during @MoStatePA Week. http://bit.ly/1Ul7xbe #CitizenBear
- Explore democracy-related issues in #SGF at this @MoStatePA Week conference. http://bit.ly/2c600d9 #CitizenBear
- Build healthy communities. Find out how at the @MoStatePA Week Hunger Banquet. http://bit.ly/2bTxj4F #CitizenBear
- As part of @MoStatePA Week, join the engaging and social MSU Talks session. http://bit.ly/2bzALmP #CitizenBear
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about Public Affairs Week on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
- URL: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/
- Headline: Become a #CitizenBear during Public Affairs Week
- Long text content: Expand your understanding of the public affairs theme during this student-organized week of activities.
- Short text content: Highlights include the Hunger Banquet, MSU Talks and the Civic Engagement Conference.
Learn how to become a #CitizenBear during Public Affairs Week. See the lineup of events: http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/paw/Schedule.htm
- Recap: Hello Omni CMS, goodbye Web Press! - March 14, 2023
- Improve your Omni CMS skills at this free training - February 21, 2023
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018