Are you our next social media star?
We’re looking for a smart, involved Missouri State student who wants a career in social media marketing.
If that sounds like you, apply now to become a new media specialist intern with the office of web and new media. In the fall 2017 semester, you’ll get to work with the people who run social media for the university and alumni association.
Our intern will gain valuable experience in real-world settings and walk away with several benefits:
- A professional portfolio that includes at least two social media campaigns, four blog posts and two visuals
- An insider’s access to best practices about social media, writing and website content development
- An opportunity to display skills in a professional setting, which will place the intern’s resume above their peers’
Interested? Let’s tell you more about what kind of a person we’re looking for.
- We want someone who loves social media and engaging with people, because you will develop social media campaigns for university platforms including Missouri State Facebook and Twitter.
- We’re also looking for versatile storytellers, so you’ll be able to write content for university blogs, edit photos and interview newsmakers.
- You’ll get the behind-the-scenes access to major university events such as Commencement, Homecoming and Fountain Day.
- We also give you the keys to MissouriState.edu. You’ll update photos, videos and text as needed on university websites.
As the new media specialist intern, you will get the chance to contribute to a variety of university projects.
Social media campaigns
— #BirthdayBears (@MissouriState) March 6, 2017
Your inside access starts with two half-day training sessions during the first week of fall semester classes. Plus, you’ll also receive continued training exercises in weekly meetings.
Desired skills and experience
You must be a currently enrolled student at Missouri State. Additionally, if you’re pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related areas, that’s ideal.
You need to have demonstrated knowledge of AP style, social media marketing and photography and videography. But above all, you need to be a strong writer. We’d also love to have someone who knows photo editing and basic knowledge of Web best practices.
The internship requires some evening and weekend work, and you must be able to work at computer workstations for extended periods of time. Additionally, applicants must have visual and audio acuity within normal ranges.
You must also be committed to working with our diverse student and community populations.
Applying for the job
If you’re in, email us an application to email@example.com. We’re accepting them from March 16-April 12. In addition, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Resume (including your social media handles)
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018
- Be smart on social: You’re one of us - February 27, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World, Spring 2018 - February 26, 2018