As we continue to make monthly updates to the template, one aspect that has received a lot of focus by our team is our global stylesheet. We originally utilized ASPX files in a way similar to media queries to serve up the final stylesheet based on device type (desktop/tablet, phone, etc.). This certainly created a very efficient stylesheet, but at the cost of additional maintenance and a blurring of style and structure.
As a result we have decided to switch to a more versatile, easier to maintain and still very efficient stylesheet architecture. We are also deprecating the current global.aspx and wp.aspx stylesheets.
What is marked for removal
Global.aspx and wp.aspx as well as their related CSS files have been deprecated and are marked for removal on Sept. 28, 2018 (version 2018.9.0).
This includes the following within /styles/2015/:
The following pattern-specific styles will also be removed along with the global styles as they have now been rolled into the main architecture:
This does not currently affect sites referencing the 2010 and 2013 style sheets.
What you need to do
Web and new media-maintained platforms
There is nothing you need to do if you are using the following platforms to manage your site or blog:
- Web Press
- MSU-maintained themes on WordPress (for example, MSU Magazine Pro)
Beginning June 2018, these platforms will directly link to the new stylesheets.
Manually-managed and third-party sites and applications
For sites and applications outside of Web Press (including third-party applications) that currently link to the global styles, you will need to update the following link within the
<link rel="Stylesheet" media="all" href="https://missouristate.info/styles/2015/global.aspx">
Use one of the following new links based on the campus styles you incorporate:
<link rel="Stylesheet" media="all" href="https://missouristate.info/styles/msuwds/main-sgf.css">
- West Plains:
<link rel="Stylesheet" media="all" href="https://missouristate.info/styles/msuwds/main-wp.css">
If you have any questions regarding this change or need assistance with how to update your styles, please contact the web and new media help desk.
- Phone: 417-836-5271
- Email: email@example.com
- Template version 2018.11.0 released - December 3, 2018
- Blog updates 2018.10.0 released - November 5, 2018
- Template version 2018.10.0 released - November 5, 2018
- Template version 2018.9.0 released - October 2, 2018
- Template version 2018.8.0 released - September 4, 2018
- Template version 2018.7.0 released - August 7, 2018
- Template version 2018.6.1 released - July 11, 2018
- Blog updates version 2018.6.2 released - July 10, 2018
- Blog updates version 2018.6.1 released - July 9, 2018
- Blog updates version 2018.6.0 released - July 2, 2018