It’s important to remove outdated code and images when we make updates to the web template. As a result, we are adding a deprecation procedure to make sure users have time to make necessary changes.
These changes automatically apply to Web Press and the MSU Magazine Pro theme. However, standalone sites and applications may need additional review.
We will use the following procedure to reduce the number of update-related issues:
- Identify outdated, non-secure and non-relevant code and images
- Mark these assets as “deprecated” in a blog post and other relevant locations
- Keep the deprecated code and images in production for 90 days after notifying users
- Assist as needed any units who need help with updates
- Remove the assets from production after 90 days
The following example may help:
Web and new media determines an outdated footer with old branding needs removal. Therefore, we note it as “deprecated” in a scheduled blog post as well as additional locations. Next, we make the changes public, giving users 90 days to make any necessary changes. Finally, after 90 days, we remove the deprecated footer from production.
If there are questions or concerns, contact the help desk via phone at 417-836-5271 or email at email@example.com
- Template version 2018.6.1 released - July 11, 2018
- Blog updates version 2018.6.2 released - July 10, 2018
- Blog updates version 2018.6.1 released - July 9, 2018
- Blog updates version 2018.6.0 released - July 2, 2018
- Template version 2018.6.0 released - June 27, 2018
- Template deprecation plan - June 15, 2018
- Global stylesheet links to be changed - June 12, 2018
- Scalable vector graphics: everything old is new again - December 5, 2016
- Redesigned Student Affairs website curates engaging content and promotes a bold vision - February 26, 2014
- Mobile-optimized email marketing templates are now available on Fire Engine Red - February 20, 2014