Web Strategy and Development is assisting with campus-wide updates to four-year undergraduate degree plans. This is a provost-supported project.
Send your updates to us
Academic departments should update their four-year degree plans for the upcoming academic year.
Does your department need help with making updates?
We’ll process them for you.
Email your updated degree plans to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 29. Expect two to four business days for us to process your changes.
We’ll make your updates for the 2018-19 academic year. Your department will complete future updates.
Why are degree plan updates needed?
- To reflect the new credit hour requirements
- To align with the 2018-19 catalog requirements
Missouri State changed its credit hour requirements for undergraduate degrees from 125 to 120 hours.
Certain undergraduate degrees still require more than 120 hours. But, your degree plan must still reflect the current catalog requirements.
What if I don’t update my degree plans?
Your department will receive a notification about any outdated degree plans.
In July, the registrar’s office will conduct a search to catch any outdated degree plans on university websites.
Your degree plan will be flagged as outdated if:
- It doesn’t have the current catalog year
- It doesn’t have a review date listed at the bottom
Example: Degree plan with current catalog year
Example: degree plan review date
What if I’ve already updated my degree plans?
Great! Please make sure your updated degree plans include the current catalog year (2018-19) and the review date at the bottom.
These steps require some technical knowledge of Web Press.
Even if you’ve updated your credit hour requirements, you still need the appropriate catalog listing (2018-19) and review date.
What about three-year degree plans?
We’ve removed most three-year degree plans from university websites. Some are still live, as requested by individual departments.
Contact the web help desk at 417-836-5271 or email at email@example.com
Degree plan best practices
- Develop your degree plans in the same format as the current four-year plans. A list of four-year plans is available on the Provost’s website.
- Programs with multiple track options should have a four-year plan for each track option.
- Programs with multiple degree types (BA, BS) should have a four-year plan for each degree type.
- Title your four-year plan as specifically as possible.
- Redesigned kinesiology website: A fresh look for active programs - December 5, 2018
- Redesigned Doctor of Pharmacy website: Connecting one program at two schools - November 30, 2018
- 3 simple tips for improving your headlines - September 18, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait days are August 28-29 - August 22, 2018
- Update your four-year degree plans with our help - June 25, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait day is June 19 - June 13, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Collaborative Diversity Conference - April 11, 2018
- 3 tools to improve your writing - March 2, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait days: Feb. 6-7 - January 31, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World – Sept. 29, 2017 - October 3, 2017