Academic websites have a tremendous influence on the college search process. Redesigns provide new content, design and photo/video elements.
Three specific areas we targeted for improvement on pharmacy were:
The previous pharmacy website only had a handful of pages. We built the new site from the ground up, which meant creating and formatting content for pages like:
- Admission and application requirements
- Program requirements
- Careers and outcomes
- Scholarships and financial aid
Most users access a website to solve a problem.
Creating these pages helped answer crucial questions such as how to apply and how to finish the program, and how to get financial help.
Through reverse transfer, you can even complete your Missouri State bachelor’s degree while you’re in the program.
We kept duplicate content to a minimum. Most links refer back to the UMKC website, which lessens the chances for content becoming outdated.
Pharmacy is a collaborative program between the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) and Missouri State.
You’re part Kangaroo, part Bear.
You have access to Missouri State student resources and services, but you end up with a UMKC Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree.
We wanted to make this unique partnership clear throughout the site.
We shined a new light on the program with photo sessions, video packages and Spotlight stories.
- Project lead and content: Kai Raymer, content strategist in web strategy and development
- Photography: Kevin White and Jesse Scheve, visual media
- Videography: Carter Williams, student videographer in web strategy and development
- Design: Veronica Adinegara, senior graphic designer in editorial and design services
- Editors: Sara Clark, director in web strategy and development and Andrea Mostyn, director of university communications
- Implementation: Student coders Alyson Jones and Nikki Jenkins along with Brian Heaton, content management programmer/analyst in web strategy and development
- Client: Paul Gubbins, Associate Dean Vice Chair and Professor of UMKC School of Pharmacy
- Redesigned kinesiology website: A fresh look for active programs - December 5, 2018
- Redesigned Doctor of Pharmacy website: Connecting one program at two schools - November 30, 2018
- 3 simple tips for improving your headlines - September 18, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait days are August 28-29 - August 22, 2018
- Update your four-year degree plans with our help - June 25, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait day is June 19 - June 13, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Collaborative Diversity Conference - April 11, 2018
- 3 tools to improve your writing - March 2, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait days: Feb. 6-7 - January 31, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World – Sept. 29, 2017 - October 3, 2017