Academic websites have a tremendous influence on the college search process. Redesigns provide new content, design and photo/video elements.
Three specific areas we improved on kinesiology were:
Kinesiology has eight overall degree programs. However, the department lacked current photos.
Through several photo sessions, we gave the kinesiology website an appearance overhaul.
Getting new photos creates an accurate depiction of their programs.
Clear application/admission language
We made it easier for future students to major in a kinesiology program.
Each program sub-site has prominent call-to-action (CTA) buttons that aid recruiting efforts. For undergraduate programs:
- First, apply to Missouri State
- Then, declare your major (to a kinesiology program)
The application/admission process is a bit different for graduate programs, but the concept we used remained the same.
Four of kinesiology’s five undergraduate programs include track options or emphasis areas, which are specific areas of focus within the overall program.
We wanted to make these options better known.
Track options/emphasis areas now have feature blocks that provide more information about that specific area and its outcomes.
- Project lead and content: Kai Raymer, content strategist in web strategy and development
- Photography: Bob Linder, Kevin White and Jesse Scheve, visual media
- Videography: Carter Williams, student videographer in web strategy and development
- Design: Abby Isackson, graphic designer in editorial and design services
- Editors: Sara Clark, director in web strategy and development and Nicki Donnelson, assistant director of university communications
- Implementation: Student coders Alyson Jones and Nikki Jenkins along with Brian Heaton, content management programmer/analyst, in web strategy and development
- Client: Dr. Sarah McCallister, kinesiology department head
- Faculty and staff free portrait days are Feb. 7-8 - January 16, 2019
- Improve your digital content strategies - January 14, 2019
- Redesigned kinesiology website: A fresh look for active programs - December 5, 2018
- Redesigned Doctor of Pharmacy website: Connecting one program at two schools - November 30, 2018
- 3 simple tips for improving your headlines - September 18, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait days are August 28-29 - August 22, 2018
- Update your four-year degree plans with our help - June 25, 2018
- Faculty and staff free portrait day is June 19 - June 13, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Collaborative Diversity Conference - April 11, 2018
- 3 tools to improve your writing - March 2, 2018