To congratulate graduating students and welcome them into MarooNation, the Alumni Association and their affiliate student organization, R.E.A.L. Bears, hosted a photo opportunity with the PSU Bear statue the day of commencement.
Project goals and outcomes
This project had two primary goals:
- To provide graduates an opportunity to connect with the Alumni Association
- To connect the tradition of incoming students taking pictures with the statue during SOAR, with the tradition of graduates taking photos with the statue after commencement
More than 80 graduates stopped by the Bear during the two photo taking timeslots. A total of 92 prints were given to graduates and their families. View the photos on Flickr.
- Graduates arrived at the Bear statue in their caps and gowns, and R.E.A.L. Bears members and USA volunteers snapped their photos with the statue.
- Volunteers tagged the photo with #BearGrads within Instagram.
- The photos were printed via Photographic Services’ social media station.
- Graduates then picked up their free, commemorative prints of their pictures in the PSU.
The social media station provides an opportunity to customize how your prints appear. For commencement, we included the following elements:
- A maroon background
- The #BearGrads hashtag
- The commencement date
- The “Follow Your Passion. Find Your Place.” branding button.
Reserve the social media station
Want to add a social element to your next event? You can rent the social media station from Photographic Services.