In support of homecoming 2012 activities, we developed a mobile application for iOS and Android devices. The application featured:
- A schedule of events from the master calendar with filters by audience
- An interactive map of the featured homecoming activities
- A map of area attractions as featured in the Perfect Visit Missouri State Magazine story
- Latest updates and discussions from twitter using the #msuhc12 hash tag.
Application Downloads and Usage
- On iOS devices, the app was installed 350 times
- On Android, 135 unique users downloaded the app
- The app received 7900+ pageviews*
*each tab change in the app counted as a pageview
Mobile applications such as this require a tremendous amount of programming time. Currently only select high-level events are targeted for a mobile application.
App development credits
- Design: Chris Austin
- Application Programming: Kyle Falconer and Jeremy Sweetwood, Web and new media student workers and Chad Killingsworth, assistant director of Web and new media