HLC Reaffirmation of Accreditation Visit day two October 6. Please read the executive summary and plan to attend at least one of the forums listed on the website – www.missouristate.edu/hlc. Your input is important. Accreditation is important.
Thank you to everyone who participated today!
Open Forum for Faculty Only – 10:30-11:30 AM, Tuesday morning in PSU313
Open Forum on Assessment – 9:00-9:50 AM, Tuesday morning in PSU313
Open Forum on Criterion 5 (institutional priorities) – 9:00-9:50 AM, Tuesday morning in PSU Theatre
If you would like to participate but cannot attend the open forums there is drop in sessions Tuesday morning at 10:30 in PSU308
Multicultural Faculty & Staff Mixer – EVERYONE is invited to attend the Multicultural Faculty & Staff Mixer. New Faculty and Staff get a chance to meet and mix with their colleagues, while learning about faculty mentoring opportunities, writing centers, faculty and staff organizations, and more. Come enjoy the food, fun, and prizes. Make certain to sign up on My Learning Connection.
When: Thursday, October 8, 2015
Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Where: PSU Ballroom
Sponsored by Office of the President, Division of Student Affairs, Division of Diversity and Inclusion, and Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning.
Those with disabilities who may not be able to fully participate due to the program venue or design may request an accommodation by contacting in advance: Ashley Raines, Division of Diversity and Inclusion at (417) 836-8815 or Jamaine Abidogun, Diversity Fellow at (417) 836-5916.
There are some awesome seminar speakers coming in the next couple of weeks. Please watch the calendar! CNAS Seminar Schedules – http://science.missouristate.edu/
Nominations for the Honorary Doctorate will be accepted through October 10, 2015. We have had very few nominations to date so we are sending this reminder. Attached is the press release that went out to the public. Remember, only MSU faculty, staff, students, and alumni may nominate. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at CindyHail@missouristate.edu or 417.836.6065. Thank you so much.
- Faculty Research Grants – http://graduate.missouristate.edu/facultystaff/FacultyResearchGrants.htm Applications are due Monday, October 12 (Please remember that these require the signatures of your department head and dean. The due dates are when they are due to Carrington Hall.)
CNAS Homecoming Week Schedule 2015
- Tuesday, October 13 CNAS Public Lecture at 7:30 PM – Peter Plavchan (Temple Hall 002)
- Wednesday, October 14 HRA Recruiters Fair and Rounding meeting in Pummill Hall
- Wednesday, October 14 HRA Board of Advisors Meeting at 3:45 PM
- Thursday, October 15 CNAS Scholarship Reception at 3:30 PM, The Old Glass Factory – everyone is welcome
- Thursday, October 15 CNAS Emeritus Faculty Dinner at 5:30 PM, The Old Glass Factory – invitation required
- Friday, October 16 Advisory Boards meet – PAMS, CHM, GGP (BIO meets October 9, HRA meets October 14)
- Friday, October 16 BOG meeting highlighting undergraduate research
- Friday, October 16 HRA Open House – Pummill Hall 3-5 PM
- Friday, October 16 CNAS Homecoming Mixer – Mother’s Brewing at 5:00 PM – everyone is welcome
- Friday, October 16 Concert – Earth, Wind and Fire – JQH Arena
- Saturday, October 17 Parade, Tailgating and Game!
- Department Promotion/Tenure Committee evaluations/recommendations due to heads by 10/19/15
- Heads Promotion/Tenure evaluations/recommendations due to dean by 11/9/15
- Supplemental Course Fee Proposals due to Julie by 10/26/15 (due to provost by 11/16)
- Summer Faculty Fellowships – http://graduate.missouristate.edu/facultystaff/SummerFellowships.htm Applications due October 30, 2015
- Sabbatical Applications – http://www.missouristate.edu/provost/FacultyDevelopment/sabbaticals.htm Sabbatical applications are due in the dean’s office on November 1, 2015. Faculty are notified of final decisions by February 1, 2016.
- PSIP applications are due in the dean’s office by December 11, 2015. http://www.missouristate.edu/provost/psip.htm
- Curriculum Innovation Projects 2015-2016 Call for Proposals – The FCTL Advisory Council invites project proposals for the 2015-2016 Curriculum Innovation funding. This funding opportunity is to provide support for innovative teaching strategies that focus on student engagement, active learning, and student success. While the FCTL Advisory Council welcomes all proposals, we encourage those that intend to demonstrate deeper learning outcomes and have the potential to be applied to other disciplines. Projects will be funded up to $5,000 and proposals should include a statement of the problem or a goal statement, projected itemization of expenses, approach and planned methodology for the project and any findings, and dissemination of these results to peers both within the university and beyond in terms of publications or professional presentations. Proposals must detail how active teaching and learning strategies will be implemented and evaluated. Faculty interested in submitting a proposal are required to schedule a pre-grant meeting with the FCTL to review the application process and review measurable outcomes. To schedule meeting contact email@example.com. Proposals should be submitted electronically to the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31, 2015.
Mind’s Eye – http://blogs.missouristate.edu/mindseye/ and the latest feature http://blogs.missouristate.edu/mindseye/solving-real-world-problems-with-high-level-math/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=featurette&utm_content=rebaza&utm_campaign=mindseye
Dr. Tammy Jahnke