See you today at the State of the University Address, 12:15 PM, PSU Theatre
Wed, Sep 28 is Majors Fair. Thank you to all who will be helping to tell students about your programs at the fair.
FALL SEMINARS – Check the CNAS calendar on the homepage!
- Today at 3:00 PM in Cheek 175 – Mathematics Seminar: Astrostatistics
- Thursday at 4:00 PM in Kemper 206 – Research Seminar: Advanced Electron Microscopy
Monday, October 3 – Faculty Research Grants Applicants must deliver the completed proposal (and have it signed by department head and dean before making copies and sending it to Graduate College). The Graduate College needs seven copies of the signed original by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the deadline for distribution to the Faculty Grants Committee. The fall deadline is Monday, October 3.
FCTL Curriculum Innovation Awards & Call for Proposals
The Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning Advisory Council is soliciting proposals for the creation or improvement of high-impact learning practices.
Two-types of funding are available:
- Faculty Stipends for Integrating Diversity into Teaching and Learning – submission deadline October 7, 2016
- Grants to develop High-Impact Practices and Student Learning – submission deadline October 31, 2016
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know…?
- …that your news items and special events can be advertised through our CNAS NewsWatch Blog? Items posted on the blog will feed into the CNAS homepage, so send your info to David Szepatowski and he’ll get the word out.
- …that all items submitted to the MSU master calendar of events and that are tagged CNAS (as the sponsor) will feed into the calendar on the CNAS homepage as well. This is especially helpful for your seminars, lectures, etc., so get the word out for better attendance.
RECENTLY FUNDED GRANTS
- Alan Schick: Congratulations on your contract with Frazier Healthcare!
- Summer Fellowships It is the responsibility of the applicant to deliver the completed Summer Faculty Fellowship application (and have it signed by department head and dean before making copies and sending it to Graduate College). Applicants must make seven copies of the signed original and get them to the Graduate College (Carrington 306) by the deadline. The application deadline for a Summer Faculty Fellowship is Monday, October 31.
- Sabbaticals It is the responsibility of the applicant to deliver an electronic original of the completed application to their College Dean’s Office by no later than Monday, October 31.
- Professor Salary Incentive Program (PSIP) Applications for the 2016–17 cycle are due December 16, 2016. Materials to assist faculty members as they prepare their applications will be posted during the fall semester. Contact Dr. Chris Craig in the Provost’s Office for questions about PSIP: https://www.missouristate.edu/provost/psip.htm
Switching off your computer at night will save enough energy in a year to make 35k cups of coffee!
Academic Program Review – This year the departments of chemistry and mathematics are working on self-study documents which are due May 2017.
- GGP External Reviews will be on campus October 23-25, 2016.
- PAMS External Reviewers will be on campus November 6-8, 2016.
Check the Academic Work Calendar for upcoming deadlines!
Sep 27-29 Fall Academic Integrity Days
Sep 28 Majors Fair
Sep 28 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Paul Schweiger, 7-8 PM
Sep 30 Fall Faculty Research Grant proposals due!
Oct 12-13 Hospitality Leadership Recruiters’ Fair
Oct 13 Scholarship Reception (3 PM) and Emeritus Dinner (5:30 PM)
Oct 14 Advisory Board Meetings for many CNAS Departments
Oct 14 BOG meetings
Oct 14 Wall of Fame ceremony, 4 PM, PSU Ballroom
Oct 15 Homecoming 2016!
Oct 19 3 Minute Thesis CNAS Competition, Temple 156, 3:00 PM – All participants must sign up with Gale Lininger by noon on Monday, October 17!
University 3MT Competition is November 4, 2016 from 4-7 PM in the Davis-Harrington Welcome Center.
Click http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm for more details.
Oct 20-21 Building a Secure Water Future: Tri-State Water Resource Coalition, Darr Ag Center
Oct 26 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Peter Plavchan, 7-8 PM
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow on Twitter: @TSJahnke
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!