All nominations for CNAS awards are due by 5:00 PM tomorrow, March 24.
SCIENCE FAIR is March 31-April 2 – It’s that time again – we are recruiting volunteers for the Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair. Please consider offering extra credit or some other incentive to encourage your students to volunteer – it’s a public affairs activity, and many students need such things for student organizations or scholarships. In addition, since it IS a public affairs activity, you can perhaps find a way to incorporate participation into your class – we’d appreciate any help at all!
This year’s Volunteer Coordinator is Kelsey Anderson – students can email her directly at Kelsey411@live.missouristate.edu, or email me at SueMcCrory@missouristate.edu. Students can also go to http://www.k12science.missouristate.edu/Volunteer_Info.htm to see the job descriptions, dates/times available, and a link to an information request form – the information request form will send an email to me, so that we can contact the student. PLEASE NOTE: the website is in the middle of a massive redesign, so you might see some outdated pages/links – but we should have those updated very before Spring Break is over.
Students or other interested volunteers should also visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ozarks-Science-Engineering-Fair/145857118716?ref=aymt_homepage_panel.
Science on Screen – http://www.moxiecinema.com/ Tonight at 6:00 PM – “Rushmore” at The Moxie. More science on March 31, April 6 and 13!!!!
CNAS Hiring Update as of today -
- GGP Department Head –Dr. Toby Dogwiler will join us this summer, pending BOG approval.
- Chemistry – biochemist – Dr. Keiishi Yoshimatsu will join us this summer, pending BOG approval.
- Biology – microbiologist – Dr. Christopher Lupfer will join us this summer, pending BOG approval
- Math – education – Dr. James Kratky will join us this summer, pending BOG approval
- Computer science – Dr. Razib Iqbal will join us this summer, pending BOG approval
- Chemistry – on campus interview scheduled
- PAMS – materials science/physics –on campus interviews scheduled
- Chemistry – instructors (2) – on campus interviews being scheduled
- HRA – advisor/recruiter – Shawn Erdman will be joining us this spring!
- CNAS – Budget Officer – on campus interviews complete
CNAS NEWS – http://news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas/. Please submit your news items!
There are many seminars coming up in the next several weeks. You can find the complete schedule at – http://science.missouristate.edu/
If your departmental seminars are missing – please send the link to your seminar schedule to Sherry Jones and we will get them posted on the master calendar.
March 31-April 2 Science Fair – OSEF (Judging March 31, Awards April 2)
April 7 HRA Board of Advisors Speaker on campus
April 7 CNAS Public Lecture – http://calendar.missouristate.edu/viewevent.aspx?eventid=84795&occurrenceid=151453
April 8 Pummill Relays (MTH)
April 24 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day
April 25 Graduate College Interdisciplinary Forum
Due Dates –
April 1 Department head and each faculty applying for tenure or promotion in 2015 must submit four names each for dean review by April 1. The list must include name, title and link to their research website.
April 3 Evaluations of all faculty must be done and submitted to the dean today. A current CV must accompany all tenure track faculty evaluations submitted.
New forms available at – http://www.missouristate.edu/provost/tpappointments.htm