Faculty Workloads, Stipends, Special Projects, Mentorship,
and Support for Grant Writing Task Force
- 1. What faculty teaching, research, and service activities have been given stipends/reassigned by COE over the past 3 years?
- We utilized information from Fall 2011 – Fall 2012
- Faculty report percentage assignments for teaching ranging from 30-100% (data include instructors and tenured faculty).
- Workload percentages allow for 30-80% teaching for tenured faculty (per Provost policy).
- No written evidence of overload compensation, anecdotal evidence contradicted written evidence.
- Comparison of written and anecdotal evidence revealed differences in teaching assignments.
- No teaching workload was provided for teachers at Greenwood.
- No workload policy was found for Greenwood.
- Program Coordinators have the option of being paid a stipend or choosing reassigned time. $1,800 -$3600 per year, including summer.
- Per course per semester for 3 credits would =$2700 per semester/$5400 for 2 semesters.
- Anecdotal information indicates this is a perceived inequity for Program Coordinators.
- Faculty report percentage assignments for research ranging from 0-40% (data include instructors and tenured faculty).
- Workload percentages allow for 10-60% research for tenured faculty (per Provost policy).
- Reports did not include information on whether or not faculty are research active or not based on TLE.
- A few faculty are receiving stipends for grant work.