The Department of Art + Design of Missouri State University will host a virtual Juried Exhibition for secondary art students during the summer 2022. The virtual exhibition will showcase artworks from talented students and give them an opportunity to participate in a competitive, juried exhibition, and provide a platform for their work to be displayed in a college venue. Please note as this is a juried show, entries are not guaranteed acceptance.
All currently enrolled high school students.
• Each student may submit up to 3 artworks (1 additional detail image, if needed)
• Students should submit artworks from the previous or current school year
• There are no fees associated with submission
How to Enter:
• Works must be submitted in a GoogleSlide or PowerPoint presentation via the Google Entry Form found at https://tinyurl.com/2022virtualjuriedentry .
• Please use one slide per artwork entry and include the following information on each slide: name, high school, high school rank and the artwork title, year created, and artwork medium .
• For time-based media (video or animation), please include a link .
• All media is accepted (paintings, prints, drawings, sculptures, ceramics, photographs, designs, computer-generated art, digital media, new media, and mixed media).
• Each image included in the Google Slides or PowerPoint presentation needs to have a pixel dimension of 2000 pixels in either dimension; the total file size should not exceed 15 MB.
• All entries must have a signed permission form, located on the Google Entry Form .
Missouri State University Art & Design faculty
Winning entries will receive award certificates and scholarships that can be applied towards tuition at Missouri State University Art & Design: 1st- $1,000 2nd- $750 3rd- $500 .
Tuition awards will be honored either the semester following the student’s high school or community college graduation and can be combined with other awards at Missouri State University.
Additional MSU scholarships are available: https://www.missouristate.edu/financialaid/scholarships/ .
Schedule & Deadlines:
Entry Deadline: January 21, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: February 22, 2022
Virtual Summer Exhibition: June 1- September 2, 2022
Director of Exhibitions: Jodi McCoy, email@example.com
Professor: Dr. Steve Willis, firstname.lastname@example.org