The new role will involve advising students and faculty on curricular issues, promoting and marketing the programs and providing a vision for the future of the majors in the department.
About the position
Evans will perform several tasks in the role, including:
- Engaging in efforts to increase student recruitment and retainment of majors.
- Working to update and enhance planning and geography curriculum options.
- Advising for academic and career purposes.
- Coordinating internships.
- Organizing Geography Awareness Week in November.
- Furthering the programs’ presence on social media.
“I am eager to help further develop our planning and geography programs,” Evans said, “particularly in terms of engaging in student recruitment, curriculum enhancement and advising efforts.”
Congratulations, Dr. Evans!