Dr. Jorge Rebaza, professor of mathematics, was recently appointed as full-time associate dean of the College of Natural and Applied Sciences (CNAS).
Rebaza has served as part-time associate dean of CNAS for two terms.
He also worked as department head of computer science from 2017-18 and has been a member of the MSU mathematics faculty since 2002.
About the role
Rebaza will be responsible for several tasks in the role, including:
- Assisting the dean with implementing the CNAS action plan.
- Aligning the action plan with other university initiatives, including the 2021-26 Long Range Plan and strategic enrollment management (SEM).
- Strengthening CNAS efforts that shape student success, such as recruitment, retention, completion, workforce development and admission to graduate schools across the nation.
- Collaborating with other MSU offices and units to address ways of better serving students from underrepresented groups, as well as those of first-generation status.
- Working with interdisciplinary teams of CNAS faculty on external funding and initiatives related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
“The college and university as a whole are facing challenges that require diverse teams of staff, faculty and administrators to address specific strategies for achieving our short and long-term goals,” Rebaza said. “I am excited to help further our mission of graduating educated persons with expertise in a discipline of their choice, who are well prepared to contribute to our community.”
Congratulations, Dr. Rebaza!