Happy New Year!
All College Meeting to review latest draft of new long range plan – 3:00-4:00 PM, Friday, January 15 in Temple Hall 001
Steering Committee members will be present to share the latest draft and to listen to your feedback.
Recently Funded Research in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences!
Ron Malega (GGP) – Congratulations on your award from the Missouri State Highway Patrol for a domestic violence research project!
Razib Iqbal (CSC) – Congratulations on receiving another Microsoft Azure Educator Grant for the software engineering students!
2016 Big Events – Please mark your calendars for the highlighted events and any others that might be of interest to you!
January 4 Offices open – everyone reports to work
January 11 Spring 2016 Classes Begin
January 15 All-College Meeting – MSU Long Range Plan, 3:00 PM, Temple Hall 001
January 18 Holiday – no classes
February 5 BOG meeting in Springfield
February 9 CNAS Public lecture series – Linnea Iantria, Temple 002, 7:30 PM
February 15 Holiday – no classes
February 20 Science Olympiad
February 24 JVIC/CNAS Research Symposium – 12:30-5:00 PM
March 3 STEM Day at the Capital
March 4 Dr. Dan Chitwood, Danforth Plant Science Center – Seminar at 4:00
March 7-13 Spring Break
March 15 CNAS Public lecture series – Steven Senger, Temple 002, 7:30 PM
March 16-18 Statewide Collaborative Diversity
March 25 Holiday – no classes
March 29-31 OSEF (Science Fair) – Judging March 29, Awards March 31
March 31 HRA Board Speaker Series
April 5 CNAS Public lecture series – Gautam Bhattacharyya, Temple 002, 7:30 PM
April 5-8 Public Affairs Conference, http://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/conference/schedule
April 9 Spring Showcase
April 14 Public Affairs Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
April 21 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day, 2:00-5:00
April 23 Graduate College IDF
April 27 CNAS Faculty and Staff Award reception, 4:00 pm, Temple 001
May 4 All Faculty Recognition Reception at 3:00 PM in PSU Ballroom
May 7-12 Finals Week
May 12 BOG Meetings
May 13 Spring Commencement (CNAS at 10:00 AM), others at 1:30 and 5:00PM
Due Dates in January and early February
- January 11 – Time and Effort reports due to Financial Services
- January 13 – NSF MRI proposals due
- January 13 – Call for nominations for BOG Excellence in Public Affairs
o Nominations due February 1
o Applications from faculty due to college by March 7
o One nominee from CNAS is submitted to Rachelle Darabi by March 18
- January 22 – All ADP’s must be in dean’s office.
- January 25 – All applications for a Foundation Award must be submitted to departmental office today http://www.missouristate.edu/assets/Provost/Foundation_Awards_Guidelines.pdf
- February 1 – Assessment Plans due.
- February 5 – Faculty research grant proposals are due! http://graduate.missouristate.edu/facultystaff/FacultyResearchGrants.htm
- February 8 – Faculty annual reports are due to department heads
- February 8 – All applications for Foundation Awards must be submitted to the provost with letters from department head and dean. (due to head by Jan 25 and dean by Feb 1), http://www.missouristate.edu/assets/Provost/Foundation_Awards_Guidelines.pdf
You are invited to participate in the Spring 2016 commencement ceremony to be held on Friday May 13th at 10:00 AM, 1:30 PM & 5:00 PM in JQH Arena. In order to facilitate your participation, the University will assume the cost of renting your gown. Our contract allows each participant to keep his or her cap and hood for use in future commencement ceremonies.
If you plan to participate in the Spring 2016 commencement, please complete and return the faculty regalia order form. However, if you own your own regalia please reply to me and indicate which ceremony you will be participating in so I may have an accurate headcount. The form can be found at the following link: http://www.missouristate.edu/commencement/For-Faculty-Staff.htm
You can send your completed form by campus mail, email (reply to Ashley Kelly in Event & Meeting Services) or it can be faxed to 836-6765. You will receive a confirmation via email from Ashley Kelly
The deadline for ordering faculty regalia is March 14, 2016. We cannot process late requests. If you have questions, please call Ashley Kelly (Ext. 6-5653).
Regalia will be available at Maroon Nation (formerly “It’s A Greek Thing”) beginning Monday, May 9th through Thursday, May 12th.
Spring Commencement – JQH Arena – May 13, 2016
10:00 a.m. Ceremony
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- William H. Darr School of Agriculture
1:30 p.m. Ceremony
- College of Business
5:00 p.m. Ceremony
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Public Affairs
- Global Studies majors
Dr. Tammy Jahnke