CNAS Public Lecture Series starts on Tuesday, February 9. Please mark your calendars and join us!
Science News today – https://www.sciencenews.org/
New Grant Funding –
Erica Cox (BIO) – Congratulations on your contract with the Project WET Foundation!
All CNAS Seminars are posted – http://science.missouristate.edu/
If your departmental seminars are missing – please send the information to Gale Lininger or David Szepatowski. They will be added to the calendar within 8 work hours!
The latest CNAS NEWS can be found at http://news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas/
If you want students/colleagues to be recognized in CNAS NEWS – Please send me the information.
STEM SPOTS on KSMU everything Thursday morning at 9:45 AM – Listen to the podcasts here http://ksmu.org/programs/stem-spots#stream/0
FEATURED FACULTY WEBSITES – (I plan to feature a few outstanding faculty website in each CNAS NEWS. If you would like yours featured – please send me the link!)
Watch for exoplanet research updates from Dr. Plavchan at http://exo.missouristate.edu/
Interested in mathematics puzzles or Dr. Reid’s research areas? Go to http://people.missouristate.edu/lesreid/
For information about Dr. Fichter’s research group in chemistry go to http://fichterlab.org/
(And if you would like help developing your website – please contact Ken McCrory.)
- PS – If you notice an outdated departmental website – please contact your department head. If you notice something outdated on the CNAS website – please contact David Szepatowski and Ken McCrory. We will do our best to keep them updated.
- January 26 – SCUF Proposals due to deans’ office today
- February 1 – Foundation Awards applications due to dean’s office
- February 1 – Updated Assessment Plans from each department/program are due to Dean’s office today!
- February 5 – All CNAS SCUF proposals must be emailed to SCUF@missouristate.edu by dean’s office
- Faculty Research Grants are due February 5 – remember that proposals require notes and signatures from heads and dean. Please give allow the time!
- February 8 – CNAS Newsletter items are due to David Szepatowski today!
- February 8 – Foundation Award applications due to provost’s office
- February 8 – Faculty Annual Reports due to departments
- February 12 – Prioritized SCUF list due to Provost’s office
- February 25 – Everything must be updated in Digital Measures!
- Developing the long range plan – http://www.missouristate.edu/developingplan/
Submit your online feedback.
- Do you need university data for a proposal or report? Here are the first two places to look!
DATA, DATA, DATA – https://mis.missouristate.edu/KeyPerformanceIndicators/
DATA, DATA, DATA (also called Bear Intelligence) – http://www.missouristate.edu/data/
February 5 BOG meeting in Springfield
February 9 CNAS Public lecture series – Linnea Iantria, Temple 002, 7:30 PM
February 13 MSPE Mathcounts at Drury
February 15 Holiday – no classes
February 18 All CNAS Student Organizations will be having a fair to recruit new members from 3-5 PM in the PSU. Watch for more information!
February 20 Science Olympiad (Temple Hall, Kemper Hall, McDonald Arena) – If you have not signed up to help yet – please contact Ben Dalton – Bdalton@missouristate.edu
February 24 JVIC/CNAS Research Symposium – 12:30-5:00 PM – Please contact Dan Beckman immediately if you are interested in presenting.
February 27 Discover Engineering Day, 12:00-3:00, Plaster Center
March 3 STEM Day at the Capital (CNAS will be represented)
March 4 Dr. Dan Chitwood, Danforth Plant Science Center – Seminar at 4:00, Temp 003
March 7-13 Spring Break
March 11 Departmental Committees must submit evaluations of all tenure/track faculty to department head by this date!
March 15 CNAS Public lecture series – Steven Senger, Temple 002, 7:30 PM
March 16-18 Statewide Collaborative Diversity – Early registration ends Feb 24 – http://diversity.missouristate.edu/conference/
March 25 Holiday – no classes
March 29-31 OSEF (Science Fair) – Judging March 29, Awards March 31
March 30 Sam Kean lecture at 5:00 PM in PSU Theatre
March 30 MSPE Model Bridge competition, Hammons Student Center, 4:00-8:00 PM
March 31 HRA Board Speaker Series –
April 21 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day, 2:00-5:00 – Abstracts due April 8
April 23 Graduate College IDF – Abstracts due April 6 – http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/IDF.htm
April 27 CNAS Faculty and Staff Award reception, 4:00 pm, Temple 001
April 28 CNAS Leadership Team Meeting – 2:00 PM
May 4 All Faculty Recognition Reception at 3:00 PM in PSU Ballroom
You are invited to participate in the Spring 2016 commencement ceremony to be held on Friday May 13th at 10:00 AM, 1:30 PM & 5:00 PM in JQH Arena. In order to facilitate your participation, the University will assume the cost of renting your gown. Our contract allows each participant to keep his or her cap and hood for use in future commencement ceremonies. If you plan to participate in the Spring 2016 commencement, please complete and return the faculty regalia order form. However, if you own your own regalia please reply to me and indicate which ceremony you will be participating in so I may have an accurate headcount. The form can be found at the following link: http://www.missouristate.edu/commencement/For-Faculty-Staff.htm You can send your completed form by campus mail, email (reply to Ashley Kelly in Event & Meeting Services) or it can be faxed to 836-6765. You will receive a confirmation via email from Ashley Kelly. The deadline for ordering faculty regalia is March 14, 2016. We cannot process late requests. If you have questions, please call Ashley Kelly (Ext. 6-5653). Regalia will be available at Maroon Nation (formerly “It’s A Greek Thing”) beginning Monday, May 9th through Thursday, May 12th.
Spring Commencement – JQH Arena – May 13, 2016
10:00 a.m. Ceremony
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- William H. Darr School of Agriculture
1:30 p.m. Ceremony
- College of Business
5:00 p.m. Ceremony
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Public Affairs
- Global Studies majors
Dr. Tammy Jahnke