Revised Deadline – Nominations for CNAS awards are due by 9:00 AM, Monday, April 3!
Click for awards policy. Please note that the awards reception was moved to Friday, April 28 – see schedule below.
OSEF Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair – Apply to be a judge and encourage your students to do the same! – http://www.k12science.missouristate.edu/OSEF/Judges_2017.htm
THIS WEEK’S SEMINARS & EVENTS
Check the CNAS homepage for all listings and details of seminars.
- Today at 3:30 PM – “Understanding the Value of Diversity and Inclusion”
- Tu, Mar 28 – Dr. Bill Thomas (emeritus from PAMS) will speak to Springfield Astronomical Society, 7 PM, Library Center Meeting Room B
- Tu-Thu, Mar 28-30 – Spring Academic Integrity Days
- Thu, Mar 30 – Hospitality Executive Speaker Series
- Fri, Mar 31 – GGP seminar with Dan Hanes, Meramec River discharge during the historic flood of December 2015
STUDENT RESEARCH FORUMS
Abstracts are due April 10 for IDF and April 12 for CNAS Undergraduate Research Day.
RECENTLY FUNDED GRANTS
- Jason Ray: Congratulations on the award for the Bolivar sidewalk project!
- Peter Plavchan, assistant professor – PAMS, receives funding to plan a NASA mission!
- Matthew Siebert, assistant professor of chemistry, published an article which can be found in a recent CNAS blog post: What do gum and anti-cancer drugs have in common?
- Cheryl McClease, instructor of GGP, published a cookbook of recipes with earth science lessons: Earth Changing Recipes (Earth Day is April 22!)
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
- Schedule for Academic Advisor Forums is here: https://www.missouristate.edu/advising/41529.htm
Science on Screen: 2017 – Moxie Theatre! All screenings start at 7 PM
Mar 28: The Stanford Prison Experiment (2015) w/Dr. Christie L. Cathey (MSU, Psychology)
Apr 4: The Martian (2015) w/Dr. Michelle Bowe (MSU, Biology) and Charles Armstrong (NASA External Relations)
Apr 11: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) w/Dr. Toby J. Dogwiler (MSU, Geography, Geology and Planning)
Apr 18: The Conversation (1974) w/Dr. Shannon McMurtrey (DRURY, Computer sciences/Security)
Admission prices are $9 for Adults and $8 for Seniors/Students Members will have discounted tickets.
As a follow up to the annual Tornado Drill earlier this month, it’s a good time to think about safety and remind you of the services on campus. Go to http://www.missouristate.edu/safetran/ for more information about emergency-related issues.
Do you know what to do if a hostile intruder attacks? Check out the university’s Emergency Response Plan for the best course of action for this and other types of dangerous situations.
CALENDAR – 2017
Mar 28-30 Spring Academic Integrity Days
Mar 30 HL Speaker Series, 2:00-3:15, PSU Theatre
Apr 4-7 OSEF Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair – Apply to be a judge – http://www.k12science.missouristate.edu/OSEF/Judges_2017.htm
Apr 4-7 Public Affairs Conference
Apr 7 Public Affairs Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Apr 10 Town Hall Meeting – Budget 1:30 PM – PSU Theatre. All are welcome.
April 12 Pummill Relays
Apr 13-14 Spring Holiday (no classes – offices open 13, offices closed 14)
Apr 20-21 Collaborative Diversity conference
April 21 Ecopalooza
Apr 28-29 GGP Board of Advisors meeting
Apr 28 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day, PSU Ballroom
Student Poster Presentations 1pm – 3pm
Judging 1:15pm – 2:45pm
Speaker: Dr. Nikolay Gerasimchuk 3:00pm
Faculty, Staff and Student Awards 3:30pm
Apr 29 Graduate College IDF
May 2 All Faculty reception, 3:30 pm, PSU Ballroom
May 5 All-CNAS Picnic and Potluck Dinner at Phelps Grove Park Pavilion – 4-8 PM
May 12 Study Day
May 13-18 Finals Week
May 19 Spring 2017 Commencement (CNAS is 5:00 PM)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU