- Curricular proposals due Thursday, March 29
- Mar 27-29 OSEF – Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair (Judging – March 27, Awards Thursday evening, March 29)
- Mar 29 Spring Holiday – Offices open, no classes
- Mar 30 Spring Holiday – Offices closed, no classes
- Wednesday, March 28 – CHM seminar: Elucidating the Thermal Cracking of the Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Methyl Linoleate; Synthesis and Characterization of Gd:InP/ZnS Quantum Dots for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, by Michael Bakker and Molly Duszynski, 3:35-4:25 PM, Meyer LIBR 101
ABSTRACTS DUE IN APRIL
- CNAS Undergraduate Research Day is Thursday, May 3! Abstracts are due Wednesday, April 19
- The 25th annual Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum to present research is Saturday, May 5. Deadline to submit abstracts is Tuesday, April 10.
- Jokima Hiller and Dan Crafts led the effort to enable five students to attend last month’s National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH) conference and career fair in Chicago after a 29-year absence. Great job, Jokima and Dan!
- NASA Public Observing Night at Baker Observatory on Saturday, April 21, 8:30-11:00 PM.
- Staff Senate is now accepting nominations for terms beginning July 2018. Send your nominations to StaffSenate@MissouriState.edu by April 15. Elections will take place after May 1. For more information about Staff Senate, visit our web site or contact StaffSenate@MissouriState.edu directly.
- Sustainability Student Summit on Monday, April 9, 9 AM – 4 PM in PSU 308
This event will include hands on workshops led by students, free popcorn, and chances to win prizes (including a kayak)!
Please share this opportunity with students, offer extra credit, or attend the event!
- Save the Monarchs: Milkweed Planting and Celebration on Tuesday, April 10, 1:30-3:00 PM, 521 N. Jefferson
Join your fellow Bears to convert a vacant lot downtown to a monarch habitat!
- Mar 29 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System
- Apr 2 – All (committee and head) annual faculty evaluations to Dean
- Apr 3 – CNAS majors submit nominations for CNAS Student-Faculty Awards to the Dean (ceremony on May 3)
- Apr 6 – Study Away proposal submissions for short-term faculty-directed programs for winter intercession
- Apr 10 – Abstracts for Interdisciplinary Forum due to Graduate College
- Apr 13 – Dean presents Equity Requests to Provost
- Apr 15 – International Travel Grants (due dates are Jan 15, Apr 15, Jul 15, Oct 15)
- Apr 19 – Abstracts for Undergraduate Research Day due by 5 PM to GaleLininger@missouristate.edu
CNAS CALENDAR – 2018
April 9-12 Public Affairs Conference Please plan to attend one session. Encourage your students to do the same!
April 10 Hospitality Leadership Executive Speaker Series, 2:00-3:00, PSU Theater
April 11 Pummill Math Relays
April 19 Chemistry Scholarship Banquet (invitation only event)
April 20 Chemistry Advisory Board Meets today
Apr 25-27 Collaborative Diversity Conference – Faculty and Staff may attend sessions at no cost but you must register online so there will be enough chairs in the room.
Apr 27-28 Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting in Rolla
May 1 All Faculty Recognition Reception 3-5 PM in PSU Ballroom
May 3 (THURSDAY) CNAS Undergraduate Research Day (abstracts due April 19)
Faculty & Staff awards (nominations due March 23)
Noon – Faculty and Staff Awards Ceremony (includes a light lunch for all attendees)
Noon -1:00 PM – All judging will for Undergraduate Research Day will occur during this time period.
Research Posters will be open to all from 1-3 PM
3:00 PM – Awards presented to research day winners.
May 5 Graduate College IDF (abstracts due April 10)
May 12-17 Final Exams
May 18 Spring Commencement CNAS Reception 2-4 PM, Temple Courtyard (rain location Temple Lecture Halls)
May 18 Spring Commencement (CNAS at 5:00 PM)