Fall Classes begin today! Have fun!
How one email from you can help your students succeed
Wed, Aug 22 All-College Meeting, Temple 002, 4-5 PM (Yes, there will be chocolate.)
Observing Night (By the Bear)
Wed, August 22 – 7:30-9:30 PM, northside of PSU
Weather permitting the Ozarks Amateur Astronomers Club (OAAC) will have telescopes set up by the Bear statue on the north side of PSU for public viewing of the moon and four of the bright planets (Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars). If it is overcast or raining at 7:00 P.M. that night, the event will be canceled.
Faculty and Staff Free Portrait Days
Tu, Aug 28 and Wed, Aug 29
9 AM – 4 PM, PSU 317
Tu, Sep 4 at 3-4:30 PM in KARLS 102
A presentation by the Graduate College will be held for ranked faculty interested in writing a competitive proposal for internal funding. To attend, RSVP to ext. 6-5388 by Friday, August 24. Contact Lisa Taylor for more information.
For all of the very latest news – CNAS NewsWatch
You can even subscribe to receive notifications of new posts!
- Mechanical Engineering with Missouri S&T – First students will be admitted for fall of 2019
- Welcome to the new faculty in CNAS!
- GGP’s planning students attended and presented at the Annual Planning Conference this past spring in NOLA.
- Faculty and staff play a pivotal role in helping first-generation students succeed. There is a webpage devoted to First-Generation Student Support.
- The University designates all buildings on and off campus as smoke-free. Review the Tobacco Use Policy and the Tobacco Cessation Program.
SUSTAINABILITY & WATER NEWS
- Partners For Conservation is holding 11th Annual Private Lands Partners Day conference October 2-4, 2018 in Springfield.
- Tri-State Water Resource Coalition and MSU will hold the TriState Water Conference on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at Darr Ag Center. Click for more information and to register.
CALENDAR – 2018
Aug 25 Maker-Faire 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., The White River Conference Center
Aug 29 CNAS Student Expo, 2:30-4:30, Temple Courtyard
Sep 6 Home football game – tailgating starts 3 PM, game starts at 6 PM
No classes will be canceled. For those who have a class that meets that afternoon please make sure they tell their students the following: The commuters will need to arrive early to find a parking space!!! Also the outside doors to Temple and Pummill Halls will be locked at 3:00 PM. Every student in a class that starts at 2:30 or later will be given zip card access to Temple Hall from 2:30 PM – until 7:00 PM. There will also be an officer stationed near the lecture halls and at the entrance to Pummill Hall with a class list who can let them in.
I cannot have an officer at every door so be sure your students bring their zip cards. Remember there is zip card access on the west and north entrances. If you notice anyone in the building who should not be here during that time period – please call security immediately. I’ll be monitoring the building from 3-5:30 PM, but then I’ll be in class until 6:45. I’ll do a walk-through after class, but typically nothing happens after the game starts and it should be quiet after that.
Sep 13 Citizen Scholar nominations due: studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/citizenscholaraward.htm
Sep 14 NASA Observing Night at Baker Observatory (alternate date Sep 15)
Sep 19 Study Away Annual Luncheon for faculty, PSU 308, 12:30 PM
Sep 25-27 Public Affairs Conference https://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/conference/schedule
Sep 29 Study Away short-term proposal submissions due for programs departing in March, May, June, July and August 2019
Sep 30 Applications for Grad Student thesis funding due to Graduate College in CARR 306
Oct 1 State of the University Address at 12:15 PM in PSU Theater
Oct 2 Faculty Research Grants: 9:00 AM to Dean’s Office (Gale) for dean’s signature (Dean’s Office submits by 5 PM)
Oct 6 Fall Showcase
Oct 11-12 Fall Break – No Classes/Offices Open
Oct 15 International Travel Grants (due dates are Jan 15, Apr 15, Jul 15, Oct 15)
Oct 15 CNAS 3-Minute Thesis Competition starting at 4 PM
Oct 17 Hospitality Leadership Career Fair